Speculation: 2019 NHL Entry Draft Thread

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
If I had control of a team's draft, I would start with a pure analytics look such as Manny's, looking at their numbers starting at their Draft Eligibility minus 2 years in finding where to send my scouts. From there I would employ Text Mining of Scouting Reports based on the completion of said reports from my scouts, but also from the other sources available on the web (but to a lesser confidence). Leading up to the actual draft I would have my final internal list drafted from both the pure numbers look and the pure text-mining look, and then sit in the room with my scouts for a week and go through it pick-by-pick in comparison to other compiled lists like Bob McKenzie's and such, identifying if there's any possible 'trade-downs' to make and grab the ones that my model and scouts really value.

Reactions: Duke749

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Thrasher fans, is your opinion on Waddell changing?

It’s looking more and more like he’s a decent GM who had his hands tied by horrible trainwreck ownership and limited cash flow.

I mean, he had a pretty bad history, but that was some time ago and people can learn. I’d like to see some more but he is trending upward for sure. Happy for Carolina. Wanna make a trip out there.

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
upload_2019-6-22_14-30-5.png

Had an injury riddled season. Played well internationally.

"Has strong vision and playmaking skills that he can build upon , Future Considerations 2019"

"He’s able to take advantage of his size when battling for pucks along the boards or trying to gain position in the slot, Hockeyprospect.com 2019"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad