Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Draft Talk Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
It seems like Yzerman has been really active on giving our scouts as many options as possible to either move down or up.

My hats off for his work so far on this draft.

Reactions: BStinson

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
If we end up trading down to #10, I think Podkolzin is our guy. There's a good chance that Yzerman may feel that he'll likely be available there, so it will be a wait and see kind of scenario. If Someone like Byram or Turcotte is there at #6, we'll probably take one of them, if not, then we'll be moving back and getting another pick on top (Possibly 40th overall). Then who knows, Yzerman may be able to flip 35th and 40th for a top-20 pick and get one of the good dman in the draft or perhaps Knight if he's on board.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Fans, with Holland: I have no idea what Detroit will do. Just get me to the draft already. :skeptic:

Fans, with Yzerman: I have NO idea what Detroit will do! JUST GET ME TO THE DRAFT ALREADY! :partytime:

:laugh:

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Who could leapfrog us, if LA is on the clock, and picking someone else? Wings are right after.
Lets say Turcotte is the guy we are talking about here. He falls to 5, LA doesn't want him but we do. Every team 7-15 could also want him and try to trade with LA. It benefits us to move up and ensure that doesn't happen if that's THE guy that we love.

Of course, having something in place with LA doesn't absolutely ensure someone doesn't come in with a better offer when the time actually comes, but it sure helps to let LA know you want to be in that conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad