OT: 2019 nCov (part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
World numbers have been slow last night. Come on people! (With the Jerry Lewis voice) Just kidding of course. It's somewhat strange that the numbers didn't rise as much last night. And I'm seeing this panic in India and wondering why, oh, why since the official numbers are soooo low for a country this big. Mmmmm...

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
World numbers have been slow last night. Come on people! (With the Jerry Lewis voice) Just kidding of course. It's somewhat strange that the numbers didn't rise as much last night. And I'm seeing this panic in India and wondering why, oh, why since the official numbers are soooo low for a country this big. Mmmmm...

The developing world is definitely in trouble here. Particularly vulnerable.

I expect Italy, Germany and Spain to start slowing in new cases over the next few days.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

I expect Italy, Germany and Spain to start slowing in new cases over the next few days.

I guess you are not a big believer in the numbers coming from India, right? I saw the tweets this morning with photos of the exodus of migrant workers and I'm wondering why the panic if the numbers are so low there?

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The Boisbriand community is getting a lot, and I mean a lot of bad press this morning. I know they have had a very bad relationship with locals there over the years, but the backlash has been tremendous on social media.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

World numbers tend to be slow coming out the weekend. But fingers crossed there is a trend downwards!

India has lowish official numbers but they are not dumb people there, they know this has the possibility to devastate that country. So many people, so much poverty, none of these people will be tested but they are contagious in small quarters. And right next door in Bangladesh, I am very worried for those people.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

I would also expect (hope) that the cases in Italy ad Spain will start to go down. I think Italy first as their measures have been in place a little longer. Yesterday was somewhat positive as they "only" had 5,217 new cases. They had similar numbers early last week and went back up, so hopefully the numbers keep lowering this time.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The Boisbriand community is getting a lot, and I mean a lot of bad press this morning. I know they have had a very bad relationship with locals there over the years, but the backlash has been tremendous on social media.
Yikes. Just checked and it's the Hassidic community up there. Same story with fundamentalist churches throughout North America who continue -- even now!! -- to have large gatherings. Man, don't these religious leaders have any conscience? They're killing their own congregations.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

That sucks and it's the reason why the government doesn't give alot of details.

Deserved or not , it is expected as reaction in social media. Same reaction as the kids during spring break in the US.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Yikes. Just checked and it's the Hassidic community up there. Same story with fundamentalist churches throughout North America who continue -- even now!! -- to have large gatherings. Man, don't these religious leaders have any conscience? They're killing their own congregations.
'Laissez venir à moi les brebis'. That, alone, says it all.

Reactions: Lshap

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

I'm also worried for places like Africa, Haiti and some of the poorer Asian countries.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Coming down with a sore throat right now... Maybe its because I under dressed on my hike yesterday... Maybe its something else.
Don't worry. I didn't dress properly when I got out to grab some tools in my truck at the job last week so I have a small cold. I have no temperature. It might look like I am beginning this virus but it's not, I'm sure of that. When the nice tremperature comes back, it's + 7 outside but still it's too cold to go out just with a t-shirt. It's normal to catch a cold.

Last edited:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
My sister and her husband and the dog are now leaving Tampa Bay area, driving home to Alexandria. They have registered with Customs and are cleared to come home. They spent the last month isolated in a house with a private pool. Oh the hardships we endure.

I'm a little worried but not too much, my sister has smarts, and they're both in pretty good shape. That's this week's meandering.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Don't worry. I didn't dress properly last week when I got out to grab some tools in my truck at the job last week so I have a small cold. I have no temperature. It might look like I am beginning this virus but it's not, I'm sure of that. When the nice tremperature comes back, it's + 7 outside but still it's too cold to go out just with a t-shirt. It's normal to catch a cold.

unless you have hypothermia or a pneumonia, I doubt you got a cold from under dressing. I’m no doctor but I’m certain a sore throat is virus or bacteria caused, nothing to do with your wardrobe.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
unless you have hypothermia or a pneumonia, I doubt you got a cold from under dressing. I’m no doctor but I’m certain a sore throat is virus or bacteria caused, nothing to do with your wardrobe.
One of the longest enduring myths is that being cold will give you one. The reason is that low temperatures forces your body to work harder to maintain it's internal temp. If you stress it too hard, it becomes weak and prone to infections, like a cold virus.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

That will make things all better,brilliant! FFS

giphy.gif

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Virus and bacteria are in our body. As long as we dress properly we don't catch the cold. When our body work more to keep the good temperature we become weaker and then get the virus or bacteria developp and we get sick.
Or why we tend to catch cold in winter and almost never in summer?

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Virus and bacteria are in our body. As long as we dress properly we don't catch the cold. When our body work more to keep the good temperature we become weaker and then get the virus or bacteria developp and we get sick.
Or why we tend to catch cold in winter and almost never in summer?

because of the proximity with others in winter given we stay indoors more, etc.

Maybe you’re right that that your body having to work harder when it’s cold, etc. Or that you need to have the “goldilocks” zone for a virus or bacteria to infect you. I don’t agree with that point of view but I’m no doctor.

edit: to add to this, I’m not a person who got sick much in my life. The last year and a half I have a consistent runny nose. Why you ask? A now 2 1/2 year old in daycare since he was 1...

edit#2: I understand that your body has to have the right condition for a virus to infect you, but I don’t think underdressing is going to be the reason your body falls ill. If like you say you are infected, it will run it’s course one way or the other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad