OT: 2019 nCov (part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
If the USA blows up in a total disaster, and all food coming from there is cancelled, how does it look for us? Can we survive something like this? Can we survive a total collapse of the USA south of our borders?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So we about to get dumped a huge bunch of cases in QC ?

Seeing different things on different trackers but we just went up by like 200 cases and passed BC.

Officialy QC site has nothing so far gotta wait till 1PM.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
So we about to get dumped a huge bunch of cases in QC ?

Seeing different things on different trackers but we just went up by like 200 cases and passed BC.

Officialy QC site has nothing so far gotta wait till 1PM.

It is expected and they have been warning us for a few days not to be alarmed. It's a result of the increased testing. We should expect to see cases go up as testing goes up. This is not 200 people who have been infected overnight. They were infected last week just as much as they are infected today.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If the USA blows up in a total disaster, and all food coming from there is cancelled, how does it look for us? Can we survive something like this? Can we survive a total collapse of the USA south of our borders?
I say yes. I mean in term of food supply we are good. If anything it would show us that being self sufficient is essential.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

What foods in particular is concerning you? Importing from the States is convenient for Canada,but there are other options.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
What foods in particular is concerning you? Importing from the States is convenient for Canada,but there are other options.

Just food. Any food.

My question can be rephrased: If WE collapse in total disaster, can we still have a skeletal crew on farms providing enough food?

My real concern is people rioting in hunger, in a worst case scenario.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Someone sent me a link and was wondering what everyone thought about it.

It seems to be contested but I can’t find anything tangible for or against it. Maybe some knowledgeable posters have more insight.

yes I'm familiar with this as I have researched 5G to invest in as it was set to roll out later this year. Months ago during my research I found that there was a growing list of doctors and scientist that were speaking out against 5G saying how bad it would be for humans and there was a list of 10 things it would impact and one of them was changing the water in cells I believe as I would have to look it up as it's been some time. It went into details that were over my head as my degree and background are in Finance and investments.

It is interesting that there was an outcry over this rolling out and with Wuhan being the first city in the world that was having 5G go live in October, it certainly makes you think.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Fruits and veggies except what we can grow in greenhouses would be a problem this time of year. But we'll be fine once summer comes and we have our own fruit and veggies.

Except watermelons and the likes.

Meat will be fine as are cereal products.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

giphy.gif

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Just food. Any food.

My question can be rephrased: If WE collapse in total disaster, can we still have a skeletal crew on farms providing enough food?

My real concern is people rioting in hunger, in a worst case scenario.

Might have to adapt to new methods,but otherwise all should be fine. Very premature to go to that length of concern. To ease your mind for now,the States are the largest exporter of agriculture goods and have a lot of land,the Netherlands are the 2nd in export,in an area less than the size of Vermont and New Hampshire combined.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad