GDT: 2019 IIHF World Championship II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This should surprise no one.

Don’t let Detroit’s bad roster fool you into thinking otherwise. Blashill has always been a very bad coach. I’m surprised Yzerman kept him around. Probably gonna wait a year to make some improvements and wait until they’re at least semi-respectable to bring someone else in.

I remember some of of our fans wanted to hire Blashill before we got Hynes.

He also has an affinity for bad players.

Reactions: aessi

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Jack seems totally insecure about the situation. It's really the first time he is not the go-to guy, but instead is being bounced around the lineup like a beachball. Exactly the right time for him to show that he wants to be the #1 draft pick.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
American team is grossly overrated. Not sure how everyone can **** on Hughes, no one on this team is having a good tournament. Maybe the kid from the Blackhawks
PLAYERS are great

the TEAM sucks. this is how lesser rosters are winning. they're outcoaching and playing like a team. didn't someone say team USA was playing more like a collection of individuals

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Jack seems totally insecure about the situation. It's really the first time he is not the go-to guy, but instead is being bounced around the lineup like a beachball. Exactly the right time for him to show that he wants to be the #1 draft pick.
he's busy stapled to the bench though, and as someone said, as soon as he gets thrown on the ice, JVR or whoever is other linemate is just lose the puck

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
PLAYERS are great

the TEAM sucks. this is how lesser rosters are winning. they're outcoaching and playing like a team. didn't someone say team USA was playing more like a collection of individuals

Having a bad goalie doesn’t exactly help though :popcorn:

Reactions: Bleedred

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It's reasons like this that putting so much stock into these tournaments is silly.

They can be beneficial when you see consistent play out of a player, such as Kakko in his case, but when there's no consistency to be found you can't get a strong read on a player at all. From his deployment, can anyone make an honest assessment of Hughes based on this tournament? I would say no.

Reactions: Bet the Over

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
So I found out what Jack is fighting (when i saw him falling a lot)

The ice isnt that good apparently, really warm in the arena

Still sucks hes on the 4th line - he must be annoyed youd have to think

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
Amazing how sour people have gotten on a 17 year old kid playing up in competition after completely dominating his peers a week ago.

3 years from now this thread is going to be silly

Kakko is a beast right now, Hughes will be an unstoppable force in 3 years. I for one have no problem waiting for the better player.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia

Is he really on the 4th line though? One shift he's with JVR and Keller, then his next shift he's with someone completely different.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It is also entirely possible Hughes is not playing because they see he’s hit a wall.

Reactions: Jussi

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Im going to be honest - I think Jack is fighting something but idk what
I still think it was in the first game. He came out flying took a big hot behind the net, and suddenly seemed to get a lot less ice time. Not sure if he got hurt or the coach made the decision.

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
Amazing how sour people have gotten on a 17 year old kid playing up in competition after completely dominating his peers a week ago.

Kakko is a beast right now, Hughes will be an unstoppable force in 3 years. I for one have no problem waiting for the better player.

Sure but Kaakko will be great too and he seems to be the better player now. Why is it such a foregone conclusion to take Hughes? We have the choice, why don't we take our time? I really don't get it.

Reactions: Horus

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013

Or he just isn’t ready yet to make an impact? Stop making excuses for him, his day will come where he is the go to option for the men’s team USA.

We all make fun of the playing against men thing but this tournament has proven it to be a little true. He just isn’t there yet physically but like I said before that’s ok. When he gets his man strength it’s over

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
Sure but Kaakko will be great too and he seems to be the better player now. Why is it such a foregone conclusion to take Hughes? We have the choice, why don't we take our time? I really don't get it.

I never said it was a forgone conclusion. I just think Hughes and his speed/vision/IQ will end up being a better player and more important piece to the devils.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Kinda wish Jack didnt play in this tournament, bet he's thinking the same thing right now too

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

I haven't seen anyone "sour" on him yet. At least not in this thread.

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

It's fine to have the discussion, but given that Shero has pretty much tipped his hand to Hughes being picked at #1, it's also probably kind of pointless.

Reactions: NJDevs26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad