OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part IV – More like the "Football Thread", amirite?

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013
How many games do we think we are getting this season? Closed doors or not - how many games get played?

So hard to predict.... so many variables that the decision to play rely on. Do you believe some states reopening will cause a second wave? What does the NFL do if half the country is shutdown but the other half is up and running? What happens if one or two players get the virus right before an exhibition game?

Reactions: ponzu4u

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Honestly, I'm so bummed about hockey, and also about baseball, it's hard for me to muster up enough emotion to care about the NFL right now.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I do think we are all so desperate for sports that we vastly underestimate how much empty stadium sports is going to absolutely suck. It’s going to be borderline unwatchable.

Reactions: nyr2k2

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I do think we are all so desperate for sports that we vastly underestimate how much empty stadium sports is going to absolutely suck. It’s going to be borderline unwatchable.
I don't think so. It will be weird and definitely missing something. But between that and having no sports at all, I don't think its even a contest.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't think so. It will be weird and definitely missing something. But between that and having no sports at all, I don't think its even a contest.
IDK, it's weird. Like watching international hockey when it's in Goteborg but featuring Slovenia vs. Belarus and there's six people there. It makes the game feel inconsequential. Maybe it will be different with the teams we root for, but I do feel like any neutral games will just be...weird.

As you said, though, I would like to have the opportunity to find out.

Reactions: Jim Ramsay

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

we’ll see. I’ll watch anything myself. I just have a feeling certain sports are going to really take a hit to the entertainment value.

the NFL would be really strange with an empty stadium.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
IDK, it's weird. Like watching international hockey when it's in Goteborg but featuring Slovenia vs. Belarus and there's six people there. It makes the game feel inconsequential. Maybe it will be different with the teams we root for, but I do feel like any neutral games will just be...weird.

As you said, though, I would like to have the opportunity to find out.
I mean, there’s a reason why that stadium is empty. Not a good comparison in my opinion.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If this is true it is purely mind boggling. Wasn’t he slated to make 3 million dollars? Wtf. His career should be over if found guilty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad