2019 Draft Thread: We Already Got a Kaapo

Status
Not open for further replies.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
He had 2 goals in 5 games at the World Championships. Not terrible while playing against some of the best players in the world. Plus he is a RD, the most coveted position, due to positional scarcity.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He had 2 goals in 5 games at the World Championships. Not terrible while playing against some of the best players in the world. Plus he is a RD, the most coveted position, due to positional scarcity.

Yes, let's draft a guy at a position our team doesn't need because he had a decent 5 games

Top strategy

Reactions: DumbaTrain

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yes, let's draft a guy at a position our team doesn't need because he had a decent 5 games

Top strategy
That was sort of the story with F Jo, wasn't it? Didn't he have a nice playoffs before the draft?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Interesting point from Pronmans Q and A: he thinks both Suzuki and Tomasino could be 1Cs. I don’t know that I agree, but if true, it’s not a bad idea to add another first. I would be fine trading Zucker for a 1st if I knew for a fact that I could sign eberle to a comparable contract.

Attachments

• DB3651AA-433F-4C00-AA36-2FF0AACEDB29.png
    DB3651AA-433F-4C00-AA36-2FF0AACEDB29.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 5

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Interesting point from Pronmans Q and A: he thinks both Suzuki and Tomasino could be 1Cs. I don’t know that I agree, but if true, it’s not a bad idea to add another first. I would be fine trading Zucker for a 1st if I knew for a fact that I could sign eberle to a comparable contract.

NHL calendar makes that impossible.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Great, now I’m left hoping someone takes him before 12 so another guy falls to us still and we don’t grab him.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Can a injury like that be career threatening?
Mebbe.
The fact that it happened by a skate blade rather than him just doing it on his own is good news, IMO. W/o knowing the extent of the injury it's hard to tell, but I'd say it's likely that he will make a full recovery, and hopefully his skating won't be affected. The big thing is that it will set his training an career back by about a year. That's not a little thing for a GM...that extra year that he is waiting for Krebs to help the NHL club could be the one that gets him fired.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
not too worried about an 18yo making a full recovery from a partial tear. What I am concerned about is him losing this summer of training and potentially part of next season and how the will affect his overall progression. Kid seems like a hardworking guy who won't let this hold him back. It doesn't move him back much for me, and I think teams like AZ and Montreal would be licking their lips if he got to them.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
This is a great way to get a 1st line player with a 12th overall pick.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
not too worried about an 18yo making a full recovery from a partial tear. What I am concerned about is him losing this summer of training and potentially part of next season and how the will affect his overall progression. Kid seems like a hardworking guy who won't let this hold him back. It doesn't move him back much for me, and I think teams like AZ and Montreal would be licking their lips if he got to them.
Yeah, if it's only a partial tear I'd take him. Love the player. Just don't have faith that Fenton will be willing to wait...I mean, it's not like Krebs will be ready for the NHL next year, anyway.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah, if it's only a partial tear I'd take him. Love the player. Just don't have faith that Fenton will be willing to wait...I mean, it's not like Krebs will be ready for the NHL next year, anyway.
Yeah, last years draft sure is evidence of that :huh:

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad