Prospect Info: 2019 Draft: 1st Pick: Philip Broberg - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
No Zegras is better because Zegras.

I mean, if we're playing that game...

;)

Don't see why you need to talk down Zegras to compliment a very nice play by Broberg though. It's honestly one of my biggest pet peeves on this site, when people rag on one guy in order to praise another.

Reactions: Dempsey and Aerchon

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

;)

Don't see why you need to talk down Zegras to compliment a very nice play by Broberg though. It's honestly one of my biggest pet peeves on this site, when people rag on one guy in order to praise another.

To be fair, Zegras is doing it against teenagers and young adults, whereas Broberg is doing it against players quite a bit older than him.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
To be fair, Zegras is doing it against teenagers and young adults, whereas Broberg is doing it against players quite a bit older than him.

My point was more about how ridiculous it is to cherry pick one highlight to say that one player is better than another.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

;)

Zegras will be a fine player I think. What do the Oilers need more, a top six forward or a potential top pairing D-man?

I suggest that scoring is not a real issue for the Oilers, better defensive play is the priority.

See Stamkos v. Doughty or Tavares v. Hedman.

All good players, but if you get a crack at a top pairing D-man, then you take that player over a top six (or even top 3 forward).

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

;)

I didn't rag on him. I would've been ecstatic if we got him and he'll be a good player in the NHL. I said that as a joke obviously lol

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I know I used Pitkanen as a "best case" comp before but for a more recent example he could be Shea Theodore with that kind of stick handling/skating combo.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I didn't rag on him. I would've been ecstatic if we got him and he'll be a good player in the NHL. I said that as a joke obviously lol

Yeah I thought so (hence the smiley) but wasn't sure, but in general I just get annoyed when people see a highlight of a guy and then uses that to make an argument about another player. Or that because a player made one nice play that suddenly the weaknesses in that player's game doesn't mean anything.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah I thought so (hence the smiley) but wasn't sure, but in general I just get annoyed when people see a highlight of a guy and then uses that to make an argument about another player. Or that because a player made one nice play that suddenly the weaknesses in that player's game doesn't mean anything.

If many nice plays are made though, it starts to add up, especially if said plays demonstrate improvements in previous weaknesses.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He's the defenseman that winds it up from behind his own net.
That what I had hoped when I watched it lol

If many nice plays are made though, it starts to add up, especially if said plays demonstrate improvements in previous weaknesses.
That is very true. Although as always, take anything you see in preseason action with a bit of a grain of salt. Not saying he isn't improving (looks like he is), just we constantly get bit by guys who look great in preseason and then immediately vanish in real games.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
That what I had hoped when I watched it lol

That is very true. Although as always, take anything you see in preseason action with a bit of a grain of salt. Not saying he isn't improving (looks like he is), just we constantly get bit by guys who look great in preseason and then immediately vanish in real games.

Yeah. Right now Pulju and Broberg are tearing up Euro preseason scoring... it means nothing unfortunately.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I’m picturing him with McDavid and Drai in 3 on 3. Just ridiculous speed.

Not ridiculous..

LudicrisSpeed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad