kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
3-on-3 Tournament Awards time!

The Ulf Dahlen Boardmaster Plaque

Winner: Garret Pilon - relentless, quick and precise with his stick, and stronger than his size would indicate
Other notables: Beck Malensyn, Brett Leason, Connor McMichael

The Rico Fata Best Skating Performance

Winner: Axel Jonsson-Fjallby - his skating really is special. Younger Hagelin-esque.
Other notables: Shane Gersich, Martin Fehervary, Martin Has

The Sasha Semin Golden Hands Award

Winner: Connor McMichael - the quick dangles in tight spaces are legit. This guy is going to make his living off the cycle.
Other finalists: Shane Gersich, Joe Snively, Garret Pilon

The Ivan Majesky "Holy Shot That Dude is a Monster" Medal

Winner: Tobias Geisser - Looked every bit as big as Protas, and is still lean. He's gonna be huge when he fills out.
Other finalists: Alex Alexeyev, Brett Leason, Aliaksei Protas

The Alex Oveckin Take Your Lunch Money Scholarship

Winner: Beck Malenstyn - I wish I'd been more attentive to who the victim was, but was too excited. Loose puck at center ice. Beck and victim #1 arrive at the same time, in full stride. Beck puts the guy on his ass, drives the middle and picks the corner of the goal. Highlight of the session for me.

The Bryan Muir Self-Forechecker of the Year

Winner: Aliaksei Protas - Poor guy. Skated himself into the corner on his own goal line against one forechecker. Just didn't have the quickness to shake him. He has an incredibly inefficient stride and was the only player I saw really sucking wind after a shift. Potentially fixable due to the poor fitness and mechanics.

Awesome stuff.... And oh some of those names take me back.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Gersich one of the few receiving multiple recognition from NBTW for speed and dangling then hearing Richmond say he's been the best in the camp and that he has a nastiness to his game, gotta think he'll be in the bottom six come Octoberl

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Gersich one of the few receiving multiple recognition from NBTW for speed and dangling then hearing Richmond say he's been the best in the camp and that he has a nastiness to his game, gotta think he'll be in the bottom six come Octoberl
There were similar rave reviews about Gersich last year at development camp, only for him to follow it up with a disappointing rookie season in the AHL.

Reactions: racingmoose

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
3-on-3 Tournament Awards time!

The Ulf Dahlen Boardmaster Plaque

Winner: Garret Pilon - relentless, quick and precise with his stick, and stronger than his size would indicate
Other notables: Beck Malensyn, Brett Leason, Connor McMichael

The Rico Fata Best Skating Performance

Winner: Axel Jonsson-Fjallby - his skating really is special. Younger Hagelin-esque.
Other notables: Shane Gersich, Martin Fehervary, Martin Has

The Sasha Semin Golden Hands Award

Winner: Connor McMichael - the quick dangles in tight spaces are legit. This guy is going to make his living off the cycle.
Other finalists: Shane Gersich, Joe Snively, Garret Pilon

The Ivan Majesky "Holy Shot That Dude is a Monster" Medal

Winner: Tobias Geisser - Looked every bit as big as Protas, and is still lean. He's gonna be huge when he fills out.
Other finalists: Alex Alexeyev, Brett Leason, Aliaksei Protas

The Alex Oveckin Take Your Lunch Money Scholarship

Winner: Beck Malenstyn - I wish I'd been more attentive to who the victim was, but was too excited. Loose puck at center ice. Beck and victim #1 arrive at the same time, in full stride. Beck puts the guy on his ass, drives the middle and picks the corner of the goal. Highlight of the session for me.

The Bryan Muir Self-Forechecker of the Year

Winner: Aliaksei Protas - Poor guy. Skated himself into the corner on his own goal line against one forechecker. Just didn't have the quickness to shake him. He has an incredibly inefficient stride and was the only player I saw really sucking wind after a shift. Potentially fixable due to the poor fitness and mechanics.
POTM easily.

POTY candidate.

racingmoose

Apr 11, 2016
There were similar rave reviews about Gersich last year at development camp, only for him to follow it up with a disappointing rookie season in the AHL.

Gersich kept improving as the year went on in Hershey. He's a good example of the seasoning some players need before making the jump to the NHL. He started playing a 200 ft game, making smart plays, and as mentioned showing a little nastiness at times. He's becoming a more complete player to go along with speed and offensive instincts.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
When Gersich got his cup of coffee 14 months ago, I loved seeing him hitting - its rare to see a small feisty player in a caps uni. Hopefully he keeps up the 200 foot complete game and we gradate another kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad