2019-2020 Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Great, another year over before it's started.

It's clear from the Trouba for Plinko trade that this team top to bottom lacks intestinal fortitude, hockey IQ, truculence, grit, moxie, determination, and our only hope is to finish behind Seattle in the standings with a losing effort so horrid that we snap Seattle out from the future and into our place by game 50.

Anyone know who is the top prospect in the 2020 entry draft? I need to start working on my rhyming pessimist slogans so I can actually start mining some joy out of another inevitable 31st place finish.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Great, another year over before it's started.

It's clear from the Trouba for Plinko trade that this team top to bottom lacks intestinal fortitude, hockey IQ, truculence, grit, moxie, determination, and our only hope is to finish behind Seattle in the standings with a losing effort so horrid that we snap Seattle out from the future and into our place by game 50.

Anyone know who is the top prospect in the 2020 entry draft? I need to start working on my rhyming pessimist slogans so I can actually start mining some joy out of another inevitable 31st place finish.

Alexis Lafreniere is the undisputed top prospect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke749

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Alexis Lafreniere is in the undisputed top prospect.

"Unsex us for Alexis"? Yeah, I got nothing.

I’m confused

We traded for that Plinko guy. It's over. Another year of guaranteed futility. So I wanted to make sure I once again got the privilege of launching the yearly tank thread. And everyone else is off to an early start this year, so I gotta stay on top of things!

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Some scouts have called the 2020 draft one of the best looking drafts ever (and maybe the best)

I’m assuming the OP is sarcastic but I’m not sure. Seattle isn’t in the league next season ftr

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Some scouts have called the 2020 draft one of the best looking drafts ever (and maybe the best)

I’m assuming the OP is sarcastic but I’m not sure. Seattle isn’t in the league next season ftr

It seems that we hear that about every second draft class when they are still this far away. It will all fade out in about 6 mos.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
It seems that we hear that about every second draft class when they are still this far away. It will all fade out in about 6 mos.

No, this draft has been talked about for years. This is not a joke, many 2020 prospects have outperformed 2019 prospects in the same leagues. It’s a stacked draft. It really and truly is.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Once the staggering force of our incompetence rends the very fabric of space and time, they'll be in the league next season.

But I've already said too much. You mustn't know too much about the future, Marty!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No, this draft has been talked about for years. This is not a joke, many 2020 prospects have outperformed 2019 prospects in the same leagues. It’s a stacked draft. It really and truly is.

OK, if you say so (actually have seen that somewhere else too). But I have heard the same about several other drafts, '13, '15 '18. '15 really was outstanding and '18 was great for D men, as advertised. Well, I guess we will see in another couple of years if '18's d men live up to expectations.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
"Unsex us for Alexis"? Yeah, I got nothing.

We traded for that Plinko guy. It's over. Another year of guaranteed futility. So I wanted to make sure I once again got the privilege of launching the yearly tank thread. And everyone else is off to an early start this year, so I gotta stay on top of things!

I kind of like the idea of a tank thread. Then we can call a meeting, gather all of Jets tank nation up, get them on a bus for a field trip then drive the bus off a cliff. :naughty:

All kidding aside I think it is the opposite of the positively thread and a good place for the boys to cluster and complain. Nobody trolls a tank like Paul Maurice. What is his record as a Jets coach in the final 10 games of each season we missed the playoffs?

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
I kind of like the idea of a tank thread. Then we can call a meeting, gather all of Jets tank nation up, get them on a bus for a field trip then drive the bus off a cliff. :naughty:

All kidding aside I think it is the opposite of the positively thread and a good place for the boys to cluster and complain. Nobody trolls a tank like Paul Maurice. What is his record as a Jets coach in the final 10 games of each season we missed the playoffs?

Agree. Personally I'd love a place where I can just complain/vent and for it to not spread negativity across the board as it's currently the case. I bet people will be able to tolerate us negative nancy's more if it's just in one thread.

Lars65

Useless Git
Sep 6, 2011
Winnipeg
I can appreciate the negativity, but where do you complain if you're negative and anti-tank?
Because, no matter what I think about the teams prospects, I will always believe that tanking is no way to do business in a salary cap league. Can't wash the loser stink off quick enough for a turnaround.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
What? You realize this wasn’t created as an actual tank thread right?

Says who?

This absolutely was created to serve as the 2019-2020 NHL Regular Season tank thread. Nowhere is it written that the creator of the tank thread must genuinely be despondent about our chances this season, is it?

People have quickly taken a shine to it. Including people that want to blow off a little steam, understandable given the big news the other day.

It's one now. :laugh:

'We yield!' for Byfield!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad