2019-20 Expected Roster 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Its so close. The pens went quiet for like 7 years before winning back to back in 16 and 17. Don’t think they made out of the 2nd in that span. Where as the hawks got bounced early the first two years after the 4th (1st) cup and then again the two years following the 6th (3rd) cup. Id love a Hawks pens SCF to settle this once and for all.
The Hawks always beat the Pens.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
The Hawks always beat the Pens.
Yeah in my memory we own the record against them but I wasn’t sure if a couple blowouts were clouding my memory. Was pretty sure the Toews vs Crosby argument was rooted in toews having a pretty lopsided record against crosby for whatever thats worth. Being in a series always changes things because you really get to focus and hone in on the other teams weaknesses, it really is the best way to see which team is the best (assuming both teams are healthy).

Edit: I remember someone mentioned using a more baseball like schedule where you match up against a team for 3-4 games at a time. I liked this idea for a couple of reasons. Mainly I think it would allow for more game planning against teams and help optimize matchups (depending on if you like the current parity and scheduling). I’m not an expert but I’m pretty sure this also optimizes the cost of travel for each team/the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Yeah Dach should only stay if they're sure he won't get overwhelmed at any point during the 82 game schedule. If there's any doubt he should mature in juniors no worries. Let's not make the mistake so many teams made before by being hasty. But I don't take Stan and JC for the hasty type at all.

Reactions: d rake

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
ELC 9 game trial questions:

do the games have to come at the beginning of the season? (before the prospect goes back to juniors?) I imagine, yes, or after the prospect's junior season ends (no call ups). Correct?

playoff games count, right?

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Indeed. No excuses for King and his staff.
I’m going to make a serious effort to see a few Hogs games in Grand Rapids this season. Exciting roster. Five games total, and four are on Friday/Saturday. Should be doable.

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Yes they had a 16 game winning streak that got snapped in 2017-18.

It’s 10 straight and was never snapped. They last won a game in 2014 coincidentally Toews got injured by Orpik that game.

Crosby and Malkin don’t produce against Chicago either their splits against every team is like ppg or above and then they are rocking that cool >.5 ppg in games against Chicago and have a career plus minus of like -30 combined lol

Reactions: x Tame Impala

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think the Sikura fans vs Perlini fans will ultimately be arguing over nothing IMO. Willing to bet neither guy will be in this organization in two years, possibly sooner.

yep, that’s exactly where I was at the end of last season. Totally fine with neither of these guys being on this year’s team.

I still held out hope that at least one would prove me wrong and make me eat crow. Guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad