• BELARUS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
And why do you think that is?

Well you've already told us you can't stand the US, which makes us wonder why you follow a US team, and then there's the fact that you curiously seem to be on the opposite side of nearly every issue discussed on this board.

Other than that.... :laugh:

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Well you've already told us you can't stand the US, which makes us wonder why you follow a US team, and then there's the fact that you curiously seem to be on the opposite side of nearly every issue discussed on this board.

Other than that.... :laugh:
Those weren't the words I used at all. I said there is nothing worse than losing to the US. You can probably guess the reasons.
As far as being a Caps fan I have been since 74. At that time 95 percent or more of the players were Canadian. The first player the Caps drafted was from my home town. The league has sure changed since then. A lot of great players from all over the world. And to be honest I dont necessarily prefer Canadian players over others. In fact the 3 players I dislike the most are Canadians.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Those weren't the words I used at all. I said there is nothing worse than losing to the US. You can probably guess the reasons.
As far as being a Caps fan I have been since 74. At that time 95 percent or more of the players were Canadian. The first player the Caps drafted was from my home town. The league has sure changed since then. A lot of great players from all over the world. And to be honest I dont necessarily prefer Canadian players over others. In fact the 3 players I dislike the most are Canadians.

You don't have to say it. You've said enough to suggest it, especially by wishing luck to the Russians if they play us, listing other teams as preferable over the US, and asking "why would I root for the US?" We are not stupid.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
You don't have to say it. You've said enough to suggest it, especially by wishing luck to the Russians if they play us, listing other teams as preferable over the US, and asking "why would I root for the US?" We are not stupid.
Apparently you are. I dont want the US to win because they have our number. I dont want Canada to face them again. I think there is a good chance we would lose again and then we would never hear the end of it. The US seems to match up well against Canada. You guys have some very skilled players on your team.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Apparently you are. I dont want the US to win because they have our number. I dont want Canada to face them again. I think there is a good chance we would lose again and then we would never hear the end of it. The US seems to match up well against Canada. You guys have some very skilled players on your team.

Welcome to HF, bud.

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
W for Russia by 2 goals = Slovakia in 1/4
W for Russia by 1 goal (in regulation) = Finland in 1/4
Any other result = USA in 1/4

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Lol I should have known. I dont like the weasel either. He is my wife's favorite player because of the way he plays. I'm trying to convert her to be a Tom Wilson fan. Its working. She is starting to like him.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Will be rooting for the US to win, but I'm not optimistic they will.

From memory my picks are mostly chalk but the Fins get past Czechs. I have Canada and Sweden in the finals with Canada winning. Also hoping the US wins, of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad