GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 10 • Group A: USA (2) - SVK (3) F

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I know they were born there, thats not the point.

Oh well, whatever, it is what it is.

My point was that we also have 4 duel citizens and if we went by birth it's more born there then they have here. I'm not entirely knowledgeable about all their backgrounds so maybe their guys are more Canadian than ours are American, but the point still stands that it's not just 1 country using the duel citizens, we do it too.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
All those Americans were born in the USA. Canada has 4 duel citizens too, 2 of which were born in the US. The only one on either team who actually played for another country in a non IIHF event according to elite prospects is Logan Brown playing for the USA now obviously.

Logan Brown wanted to play for Canada, but was cut from the Hlinka team two years ago. After he was cut, USA hockey approached him again, and he decided to go that route. Cannot blame him. He was born in the USA. He thought he was good enough to make Team Canada, and when he was left out, he went back to USA hockey.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well Slovakia could not have asked for much more from that period.

0-0 after one is a clear win for them. Shots were only 9-5 too!!

Reactions: Statsy

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
More than that:
Logan Brown
Kieffer Bellows
Josh Norris
Brady Tkachuk has duel-citizenship through his mom.

I'd add though, under current IIHF rules, the only one of those kids eligible to play for Canada would Logan Brown (has spend two developmental years in Canada).

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
First period is in the books at 0-0. I think Slovakia is happy with that. Incidentally, I predicted this game to be 8-0 for the US. With the Slovaks already at 0 I'm already halfway there! :laugh:

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Solid defense by the Slovaks thus far. And they have had a few dangerous counterattacks, must be satisfied with this period. I am curious what happens if Slovakia scores first. They really look much better than yesterday, play a well organized system in their own zone.

Reactions: degustator

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Brady Tkachuk has duel-citizenship through his mom.

I'd add though, under current IIHF rules, the only one of those kids eligible to play for Canada would Logan Brown (has spend two developmental years in Canada).
He didn't bring that topic up as a discussion about eligibility. It was merely a lament about losing potential players due to the logistics of NHL team location.

Reactions: Chris McKinlay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad