Blue Jays GDT: 2018 v2| Next: Fri May 18 | vs Oak| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Anderson vs Estrada

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
upload_2018-4-29_14-34-5.png

L4. ouch.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hope he's not the new Ricky Romero.

Romero's knees were destroyed but he decided to hide his injuries and play through pain. I certainly hope Stroman isn't trying to do that, and if he is healthy then just chalk the slow start up to not receiving the necessary time to get ready for the season.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Romero's knees were destroyed but he decided to hide his injuries and play through pain. I certainly hope Stroman isn't trying to do that, and if he is healthy then just chalk the slow start up to not receiving the necessary time to get ready for the season.
True and Stroman had no real spring training, so essentially the month of April is his training.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Just scrap video review altogether what an absolute farce. Have the Jays ever won one of these?

I'm embarrassed for MLB.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
What's more embarrassing for MLB is that trap was easy to see in live action, so in slow motion it was obvious, thank goodness it wasn't a crucial situation.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I've just obtained a sample of the questionnaire that MLB gives to all aspiring employees for its video review crew:

25) A defensive play is being challenged on the basis of the ruled catch. Video evidence shows that the ball struck the ground and bounced into the defender's glove, but the umpire's view was obscured and he ruled it as a catch. Do you:

a) Overturn the call on the basis of the trapped ball
b) Uphold the call on the basis of not undercutting the on-field officials
c) Flip a coin
d) I don't know, I wasn't paying attention because Steve just showed up in the office with the pizzas for lunch and I need to get there fast because there's only ever one deluxe pizza and I don't want a repeat of last time where Sharon took the last 3 pieces while I was standing right behind her even though I said that was the one I wanted and I had to eat the vegetarian one, butI hate that one because it has banana peppers on it. Just tell the umpire to do whatever they feel like so I can get there first because who cares, it's only baseball.

The correct answer is "d"

Reactions: Ispeedatnight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany