Golf: 2018 US Open: June 14-17 at Shinnecock Hills Golf Club

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
That shot that Koepka just hit shows all thats wrong with this course today. Going straight at the pin and stopping it.

Ernie Els described this course well earlier in the week. He said if you hit it at the middle of the green with the correct shape, you might be able to stop it on the middle of the green. Otherwise, you will miss the green. Thats what we saw days 1, 2 and 3. Day 4 is pin seeking.

And look and this leaderboard. Fine with me.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fans are tuning out on a top-level leaderboard because they’re upset with too many birdies? Some weird “fans.”

I get you like DJ, so I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise. I didn't initially quote your post to disagree with you, you quoted mine. I'm not looking for confrontation here because I get this is exciting for you. Its probably exciting for @Dr John Carlson. But for the neutral, this isn't really an exciting leaderboard. All the main draws in the game, Tiger, Phil, Rory, Jordan are not in contention. Up and coming young stars like Rahm or Thomas aren't either. Its a bunch of high level late 20's/early 30's Americans on one major, but not really any of the games big draws. DJ is one of the games best players, but probably the worst draw of all the big names. Also, all of these players are on one major. Often people like to see first time major winners. I expect ratings pretty similar to last year, which were absolutely awful. But we'll see.

As for the conditions part, I think its pretty split. Some like it difficult, some like it easy.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What's the earliest someone's ever finished their round and won a major?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Great bogey for Koepka. He was playing for the bunker to make sure he got up the hill.

Dustin just gagged a par putt

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
LOL at the drunk guy sitting behind the green trying to avoid Koepka’s shot

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Koepka keeps finding shots where Dustin cant make putts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad