News Article: 2018 U20 Team Canada Police Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I guess we are not allowed to speculate, but it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together, or I guess in this case, 5 and 5 together.

Reactions: Alex1234

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
I guess we are not allowed to speculate, but it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together, or I guess in this case, 5 and 5 together.
I read in the thread of the main boards that Police aren't allowed to name names until charges are formally laid but all the hockey teams just said to hell with that and put out leave statements that obviously coincide with the investigation

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I read in the thread of the main boards that Police aren't allowed to name names until charges are formally laid but all the hockey teams just said to hell with that and put out leave statements that obviously coincide with the investigation
It's not like the teams have a choice not to release leave statements if the players are not going to be available to play for them.

Reactions: Cosmix

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
It's not like the teams have a choice not to release leave statements if the players are not going to be available to play for them.
I realize that, I just thought it was funny as the Police have been going out of their way to be as cryptic as possible, as is required by them.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Other players were witnesses, Younan wrote, adding that, “Others may or may not become suspects.”

I wonder if the "others" will or will not become suspects as well........ and who are they??
Time will tell...

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Other players were witnesses, Younan wrote, adding that, “Others may or may not become suspects.”

I wonder if the "others" will or will not become suspects as well........ and who are they??
Time will tell...
There was that rumor going around about the dude that was invited up for pizza, saw what was going on and left confused.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
There was that rumor going around about the dude that was invited up for pizza, saw what was going on and left confused.
Wasn’t a rumour, his agent spoke about it anonymously so we don’t know know who it was but it happened.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It will be interesting see how this plays out with the players responding to the charges and the potential court proceedings with witnesses.

Then there will be the NHL league and team actions that could be taken (e.g., suspensions) and the NHLPA and player responses. I doubt that this part of the matter will be public and transparent.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020

1706120532698.gif

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Time will tell...
so many questions and so wise!

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Wasn’t a rumour, his agent spoke about it anonymously so we don’t know know who it was but it happened.

Well we don't know if it was his agent per se.

It was just that he broke his media silence that summer the same day that anonymous statement was made to the media.

Depends if you believe it was a coincidence or not.

Reactions: PlayOn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad