U18: 2018 U18 WJC Gold Medal game Finland vs USA game talk.

Which team wins U18 Gold today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Probably not, i think he gets ticked off because how he (they) say(s) Hughes name and i have to agree,
i almost yell each time his name out loud how its suppose to say correctly, every time he says it wrong :) .

Not just Hughes. He also pretty much butchers Knight and Giles too.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
The finnish broadcaster also talks way too ****ing much, blaa blaaa blaa "oh someone got a penalty, who/what/why??" blaablaablaa
At least he's being clearly a homer. US national broadcasts rarely try to sound like they favor one over another.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
So you don't have a problem of mispronouncing names but at the same time you do, logic.

I have a problem with my fellow countrymen butchering names that should be very easy to pronounce and I expect some sort of professionalism in that regard.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Actually yes, because I mostly watch NHL-hockey so I'm used to foreign broadcasters' pronunciation of European names.

Well....i have to disagree...the way they butcher for example Tuukka Rask's name....
even thou i don't like Mäkinen much (VIASAT), i still prefer him than most of the original
ones.

How the f*** they get rääsk from rask is beyond me, i'd gladly accept räsk,
but not rääsk, for crying out loud.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Well....i have to disagree...the way they butcher for example Tuukka Rask's name....
even thou i don't like Mäkinen much (VIASAT), i still prefer him than most of the original
ones.

How the f*** they get rääsk from rask is beyond me, i'd gladly accept räsk,
but not rääsk, for crying out loud.

I don't honestly watch that many Bruins' games to be bothered by it. Haven't ever really paid any attention to it.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Antoni Honka will decide this game, in good (if not in worse). Mark my w.ords

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Can't take a more stupid penalty than this.

Which means a goal for USA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad