2018 Training Camp

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Rookies due to report today. Rookie tournament officially starts with scrimmages on Saturday.

Veterans due to report Thursday 9/13. Medicals for the day (for those who haven't already done them) and media stuff (pictures, video clips for everything under the sun).

Then things should start 9/14.

Pronman: Most intriguing prospect to watch at camp for every...
Pronman selects Hague as the prospect to watch at camp.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hmmm. I don't know if Hague is the one to watch imo. While Hague has improved his agility and footspeed such that I no longer worry that the issues there will bar him from making the NHL, I still don't think his skating is good enough for the pros just yet.

To me it's more interesting to keep an eye on Brannstrom and Whitecloud. IMO these two have the best shot to stick with the team if Schmidt's appeal is unsuccessful.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Hmmm. I don't know if Hague is the one to watch imo. While Hague has improved his agility and footspeed such that I no longer worry that the issues there will bar him from making the NHL, I still don't think his skating is good enough for the pros just yet.

To me it's more interesting to keep an eye on Brannstrom and Whitecloud. IMO these two have the best shot to stick with the team if Schmidt's appeal is unsuccessful.

Aren't we paying Whitecloud 1.35M the next two years regardless of if he plays for the big team or not?

I feel like he has to get significant time with the team this year, especially since, like Brannstrom he's more used to playing against men.

But unlike Brannstrom I feel like there is less worry about his development being stunted because he doesn't have as high a ceiling. He is also a much bigger body already and two or three years older so could probably handle the NHL better this season at least. There's also no worry about Whitecloud playing more than 9 games like there might be with Brannstrom.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Aren't we paying Whitecloud 1.35M the next two years regardless of if he plays for the big team or not?

I feel like he has to get significant time with the team this year, especially since, like Brannstrom he's more used to playing against men.

But unlike Brannstrom I feel like there is less worry about his development being stunted because he doesn't have as high a ceiling. He is also a much bigger body already and two or three years older so could probably handle the NHL better this season at least. There's also no worry about Whitecloud playing more than 9 games like there might be with Brannstrom.

Whitecloud makes 70k if he's in the AHL. 925k in the NHL.

Regardless, I don't think the money would make any difference in this situation. Whoever can help offset Schmidt's absence the most is who will play, whether that is Brannstrom, Whitecloud, Hague, or someone else (hopefully not Sbisa).

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
As far as the underdogs go:
-I'm hoping Wong has another strong camp and puts it together in the AHL(even though he's not VGK property). He really turned some heads last year.
-Kolesar could take a big step, and his big frame would be a much needed asset.
-Bischoff might be one to watch

and it should be interesting with Reaves, Gallant and Oligny. :eek: Especially against LA and SJ.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What lines does everyone want to see tried on Sunday?

I'm hoping we see
Pacioretty Glass Tuch for at least one game, before they put Stastny there
Haula Stastny Hyka for a game to see how Haula plays on Stastny's wing
Carrier Duke Carr
Kolesar Gallant Reaves for obvious reasons
Eakin Eakin Eakin to see the ginger sensation triplets

Theodore Schmidt - wait. Damn. How about
McNabb Miller
Hague Brannstrom
Holden Whitecloud

Reactions: ChanceVegas

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Surprised to see Elvenes still here. Is he hoping to make the Wolves?

no 'pro' invite surprises just Chyzowski and Harvey-Pinard from the rookie tournament

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA

Surprised to see Elvenes still here. Is he hoping to make the Wolves?

no 'pro' invite surprises just Chyzowski and Harvey-Pinard from the rookie tournament

Surprised to see Theodore on there. Isn't standard practice to stay out of training camp until you've got a contract/PTO/something?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The Knights need to hurry up and sign Theodore.

Just imagine what our defense will look like without both Schmidt and Theodore. Lol

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad