NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I wonder if Tkachuk could slide in the first round if other teams prefer the defenceman slated to go in the top ten.

There was a recent draft where a player kept sliding and ended up going so something like ten picks after he was supposed to go. I forget who that player was though.
That could happen to both Zadina and Tkachuk.
Well there was Connor/Barzel in 2015 who both fell well past there ranking

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
This again? Are you the same guy that asked me this exact same question be that i answered before?

I don't think that was me.

I'm just curious at what part of hockey Tkachuck is better at. Because aside from physicallity I don't think there's much.

Svehnikov is a Laine caliber player. While Tkachcuck is more Kadri caliber imo

But I'd love to hear a different opinion.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Tkachuk over Svechnikov isn't going to be a worry point for the Sens, or for anybody.
have you any information that the sens do in fact like svechnikov in the top 5? (not that they wouldn't but not sure if theyre leaning towards a d man)

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
hqdefault.jpg

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Is he goes #2 Brady Tchatchuk at #4-5 might end up being the better player.

Rasmus Dahlin is the only game changer. The others will be solid prospects that help, but that's all they'll be.

Brady Tkachuk is not the guy the Sens should draft. Drafting a "character guy" in the top 5 is a recipe for disaster, however with this team's love for the intangibles, that will be the guy we pick, unfortunately. Shane Bowers has put up better numbers at Boston U and is only a few months older. Is anyone projecting Bowers to be a top 6 forward??

Hard pass on Tkachuk.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Brady Tkachuk is not the guy the Sens should draft. Drafting a "character guy" in the top 5 is a recipe for disaster, however with this team's love for the intangibles, that will be the guy we pick, unfortunately. Shane Bowers has put up better numbers at Boston U and is only a few months older. Is anyone projecting Bowers to be a top 6 forward??

Hard pass on Tkachuk.

Okay good, what if we draft #6 and he's the best player? Hard pass on him then?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Okay good, what if we draft #6 and he's the best player? Hard pass on him then?

Yep, if we draft #6 and still plan on trading Karlsson, we give the pick to Colorado. Shouldn't even be a consideration.

Also, I have never heard anyone use fighting as a scouting metric for a projected top 10 pick. Is this the 70s?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Yep, if we draft #6 and still plan on trading Karlsson, we give the pick to Colorado. Shouldn't even be a consideration.

Also, I have never heard anyone use fighting as a scouting metric for a projected top 10 pick. Is this the 70s?

the question was what does Brady do better the Svenickov and I answered fight. If you don't like the answer, don't ask.

Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
have you any information that the sens do in fact like svechnikov in the top 5? (not that they wouldn't but not sure if theyre leaning towards a d man)
I have zero info on anything outside the Q, and have little information there.

It's just common sense, the difference in the ability of both is very easy to see.

Reactions: Sensinitis

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I have zero info on anything outside the Q, and have little information there.

It's just common sense, the difference in the ability of both is very easy to see.
That's what I thought you meant.

Yeah I don't see them passing on svechnikov. weve only heard about dorion at one barrie game tho.. hasn't he been to see zadina a few times? cant remember

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
If sens pick #2 I don't see how they pass on Svechnikov.

Another high end winger to maybe play with Duchene ? Yes please.

It doesn't matter really you take the top talent available because it's going to help your roster out. We are set at no position currently outside of #1 RD and now #1C.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
No, that was me and all you said was that he’s a better leader and more physical. That’s hardly enough to select him over Svechnikov.

It was far more explanation than that, but you have obviously formed your opinion and aren't deviating from it no matter the information that's provided to you which says otherwise

Also i never advocated to select Tkachuk over Svechnikov

Last edited:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
If sens pick #2 I don't see how they pass on Svechnikov.

Another high end winger to maybe play with Duchene ? Yes please.

It doesn't matter really you take the top talent available because it's going to help your roster out. We are set at no position currently outside of #1 RD and now #1C.
I don't believe we've drafted a Russian player since Bashkirov in 2007. It's pretty easy to see how they pass on him, even if it wouldn't necessarily be the right move.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Albin Eriksson is very interesting, could be our Formenton pick. Really raw, one of the youngest in the draft, skates like the wind and has 6'4 frame, good hands too.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I'm starting to be very intrigued by Evan Bouchard. His number of points as a Dman are massive.

How is defensive game been?

Reactions: Icelevel

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm not super duper informed yet on guys outside of the top 6-7 because I had been assuming that Ottawa would be picking one of them.

So say Ottawa ends up in the 6-7-8 range, do you think it would be best to pick a guy there, give the pick to Colorado, or explore trading down? If they can drop to the 10-11-12 range and pick up a 2nd in the process, is that a better plan than the other two options?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad