Post-Game Talk: 2018 Tank Postmortem: Vancouver finishes 6th-last

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The incredible thing is, the Canucks aren't really trying to tank, but it's happening naturally anyway. It's a testament to how bad this roster is, and how thin their organizational depth is of NHL-caliber players......damn Gillis, it's all his fault...now what's the excuse for the next four years?

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
You know

When I think of the canucks winning the lottery and seeing linden and benning celebrating and grinning like Morons, it makes me a bit sick.

I don't even know what I want anymore. Baseball season to start, I guess.

Oh yes, I certainly don't want the canucks to win the lottery this season. The undeserved credit that linden and benning will earn for drafting Dahlin could potentially delay the housecleaning for years. I would much prefer the canucks to draft 2-5thish this year and have everything else go wrong until benning is out, then maybe draft 1st OA a couple years from now instead.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Oh yes, I certainly don't want the canucks to win the lottery this season. The undeserved credit that linden and benning will earn for drafting Dahlin could potentially delay the housecleaning for years. I would much prefer the canucks to draft 2-5thish this year and have everything else go wrong until benning is out, then maybe draft 1st OA a couple years from now instead.

Or they draft the kid, get moved out for a gm that will take the youth and add the right players. I definitely want that first overall, seems like cutting your nose off to spite your face otherwise.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Or they draft the kid, get moved out for a gm that will take the youth and add the right players. I definitely want that first overall, seems like cutting your nose off to spite your face otherwise.

Agree and it bears pointing out that few GMs last the 15-20 years that we’d benefit from having Dahlin for. With or without Dahlin I can’t see Benning being here in 5 years time so I’d much rather have the generational defenseman AND a new GM when the change inevitably happens.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Agree and it bears pointing out that few GMs last the 15-20 years that we’d benefit from having Dahlin for. With or without Dahlin I can’t see Benning being here in 5 years time so I’d much rather have the generational defenseman AND a new GM when the change inevitably happens.

I get that.

What you and rune are saying is the logical thing. It's how u should be thinking. But it's not how I'm feeling.

Trevor Linden and Jim Benning the last four years have gradually eroded my passion for this franchise. I am not even sure I care anymore.

I think it's true that I might not be a fan anymore. I just see Trevor Linden grinning with his stupid face and talking about he Dahlins, the Petterssons, the Gaudettes. It makes me want to puke.

Does my schadenfreude for this regime overwhelm my interest in the product? I think it might. I think I might enjoy watching them get f***ed in the lottery again more than I would enjoy Dahlin playing for the canucks. That's sad. I admit that's sad.

Sorry. This was pretty stream of consciousness. Does anyone else feel the same way? I might just be broken.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
You gotta think long term man
Adding a top 3 pick and Pettersson isn't going to suddenly make this team competivtive thanks to the atrocious D core. However, adding that lottery pick is only going to benefit this franchise long term

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I get that.

What you and rune are saying is the logical thing. It's how u should be thinking. But it's not how I'm feeling.

Trevor Linden and Jim Benning the last four years have gradually eroded my passion for this franchise. I am not even sure I care anymore.

I think it's true that I might not be a fan anymore. I just see Trevor Linden grinning with his stupid face and talking about he Dahlins, the Petterssons, the Gaudettes. It makes me want to puke.

Does my schadenfreude for this regime overwhelm my interest in the product? I think it might. I think I might enjoy watching them get ****ed in the lottery again more than I would enjoy Dahlin playing for the canucks. That's sad. I admit that's sad.

Sorry. This was pretty stream of consciousness. Does anyone else feel the same way? I might just be broken.
I know y2k is with you for sure

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Yeah we're probably going to need to lose out if we want Buffalo to get past us. I feel good enough that Arizona can get about 4 wins and pass us—they've been playing really well of late.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
That's insane. Much as I refuse to believe we will get the #1 pick, because screw us that's why, I would still rejoice if we got Dahlin. This is a kid you can absolutely build around, and we do have some good complimentary pieces already. Dahlin, Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser, Juolevi and Demko is a great start for a great longterm core.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
One more thing: Rasmus Andersson - he of the Sven Baertschi trade - made his debut tonight, replacing T.J. Brodie

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
giphy.gif

3-2 baby!

Reactions: SniperHF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad