2018 Season Discussion Thread Part II (Playoffs?)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Steelers moved a RB from their practice squad onto their main roster. Not a good sign for Conner for this week, though I do think he'll be fine for Week 15.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Isn't Samuels TE eligible on Yahoo?

I think he is, which is embarrassing for Yahoo as it hurts the integrity of leagues. Samuels hasn't taken a single snap at TE even in training camp for the Steelers, and why they would use a position he somewhat played in college as his position for fantasy football makes no sense.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Overall a good year for me in fantasy - had the best year I've ever had in my most important league and came close to an undefeated season thanks to Gurley, Conner, and Mahomes. Had a rough year with injuries in my favorite dynasty league, though will have a high draft pick to make up for it.

I looked back on some of the trade advice from this thread this season, I think overall people did a great job. There were a couple of misses along the way for sure, but if I think if you followed people's advice in here you should have had a successful season. I don't get involved in the start/sit stuff but I'm assuming the results were similar there from people.

Hopefully we get some good dynasty discussion in here this off-season. I've cut out most leagues other than dynasty, I find them the most fun by far.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
OJ Howard
Kareem Hunt
James Connor

this-is-fine-1050x640.jpg

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I think he is, which is embarrassing for Yahoo as it hurts the integrity of leagues. Samuels hasn't taken a single snap at TE even in training camp for the Steelers, and why they would use a position he somewhat played in college as his position for fantasy football makes no sense.

I just looked. He is. :shakehead

I remember years ago that Marques Colston was TE eligible in his rookie year. That probably won a lot of leagues that year.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I just looked. He is. :shakehead

I remember years ago that Marques Colston was TE eligible in his rookie year. That probably won a lot of leagues that year.

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember that as well. At least that somewhat made sense because he was a true WR/TE tweener. At no point did the Steelers have any intention of using Samuels in that role, he's been practicing as an RB since Day 1.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I know injuries happen, and everyone has a similar story, but in one week I lost Gordon, Hunt, and Conner. 3 of the top 6 scoring RBs this year. I'm going on roughly ten years of fantasy and that's the most brutal week I've ever seen.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I generally make the playoffs in every league. But I've been only playing two the past few years and this time I got destroyed in one league via injuries and underperformers.

#5 Antonio Brown
Dalvin Cook
Devonta Freeman
Golden Tate
Tom Brady
Lesean McCoy
Delanie Walker
Will Fuller
Mark Ingram
Tevin Coleman
Julian Edelman
Sterling Shepard
Alex Smith/D/K

The other league goes until week 17 and I've yet to clinch. But I'm in 4th with the most points and 3rd most against. So I'm in good shape for that one. However I lost my TE Olsen AGAIN so I'm going to need some help. I'm going to try and add Jaylen Samuels from PIT but I'll need a backup option:

Evan Engram NYG
Jonnu Smith TEN
Chris Herndon NYJ
Dan Arnold NO

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I would probably go with Herndon but I'm not really excited about it.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Only starting playoffs in one of three leagues this week. And that's my worst league, where I managed to finish 6th (last playoff spot) at 6-7.

In one of the other leagues, it's a 10-teamer and only 4 teams make the playoffs, so we start next week. There are 4 teams, mine among them, at 8-5 competing for three playoff spots this week. None are playing each other.

And then there's the league I joined this year. The playoffs are weeks 15-17 - I didn't know when I joined (my fault) but I didn't think anybody did that any more. Also, the commish, who is a friend and why I joined the league, changed the playoffs from top 6 with byes for the top 2 (I'm going to finish first) to top 8 with no byes because "it's more exciting."

I don't know if I'm gonna do that league again next year.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Only starting playoffs in one of three leagues this week. And that's my worst league, where I managed to finish 6th (last playoff spot) at 6-7.

In one of the other leagues, it's a 10-teamer and only 4 teams make the playoffs, so we start next week. There are 4 teams, mine among them, at 8-5 competing for three playoff spots this week. None are playing each other.

And then there's the league I joined this year. The playoffs are weeks 15-17 - I didn't know when I joined (my fault) but I didn't think anybody did that any more. Also, the commish, who is a friend and why I joined the league, changed the playoffs from top 6 with byes for the top 2 (I'm going to finish first) to top 8 with no byes because "it's more exciting."

I don't know if I'm gonna do that league again next year.
Last league has the worst settings in fantasy football lol.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
looks like yahoo is keeping jaylen samuels TE eligible

very questionable decision. now you're going to have guys playing a RB in the TE slot in the playoffs on top of that

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Finished first, have a bye, and scored 120 more points than the second highest person.

Shoutout to everyone in here that helped my indecisive ass out :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad