2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | SKI JUMPING | Feb 8th - 19th

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

NCfxcFo.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2006
Watching the men's normal hill qualifying, there sure are some decorated athletes competing. The longevity of these guys is pretty remarkable. I haven't paid much attention to the sport over the last few years, so surprising to see the champion Simon Ammann still competing! Really dropped off as you'd expect, but nice to see some familiar names.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Watching the men's normal hill qualifying, there sure are some decorated athletes competing. The longevity of these guys is pretty remarkable. I haven't paid much attention to the sport over the last few years, so surprising to see the champion Simon Ammann still competing! Really dropped off as you'd expect, but nice to see some familiar names.

is he the Harry Potter doppelganger?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Has anyone here ever ski jumped? How did you get into it? It seems like something that would be extremely dangerous for a beginner? Are there just really small jumps in some countries? In Calgary I thought we only had three jumps at the Olympic part, but according to Wikipedia we have 6. So I guess some are just too small to see from a distance?

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Don't forget Noriaki Kasai, 1992 World Champion.
I remember that very well. The Japanese had a fantastic team back then and such an extreme technique. They they were parallel to the skis, leaning inbetween them. It was crazy.

Oct 18, 2006
Congrats to Andreas Wellinger, that was superb. Love seeing his emotion too, that's what it's all about!! The Poles choked there.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Has anyone here ever ski jumped? How did you get into it? It seems like something that would be extremely dangerous for a beginner? Are there just really small jumps in some countries? In Calgary I thought we only had three jumps at the Olympic part, but according to Wikipedia we have 6. So I guess some are just too small to see from a distance?
Skispringen.jpg

My uncle jumped on little ones.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
They have a couple of tiny ones.

IMG_8956.JPG

1%20Kinderschanzen%20K12m%20K17m.jpg

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I used to ski jump as a kid. The grown up version of me is 6ft6 so I guess I might not have made it to the Olympics anyway.

Well done Lundby after blowing the World Championships earlier from a leading position.

Oct 18, 2006
Wellinger falls just short of double gold, too bad. What a career he's going to have.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Wellfleisch!!
I used to ski jump as a kid. The grown up version of me is 6ft6 so I guess I might not have made it to the Olympics anyway.

Well done Lundby after blowing the World Championships earlier from a leading position.
Could you iimagine the skis you are allowed to wear with that size? You just need to limit your weight at 60 kilos or so.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005

Start small to build your skill and confidence. CBC mentioned Stoch started by jumping from his parents house roof... probably dont try at home.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Wellfleisch!!

Could you iimagine the skis you are allowed to wear with that size? You just need to limit your weight at 60 kilos or so.

I think there is a max limit at 4m or something :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad