2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | NORDIC COMBINED | Feb 14th - 22nd

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Good "one-man-GDT" :naughty:. Watched in as a recording, had managed to stay unspoiled. Norwegian commentators hoped the Austrians would help Norway up to a three-men showdown for the gold. When the Austrians didn't, Norway was sure to get silver. They thought Austria did a bad tactical choice there, as that would just give the Austrians a fairly certain bronze-medal. I think Germany would have had it anyways though. Probably a more exciting relay for you guys. It's a good thing Nordic Combined still has gotten it's limelight, as it is one of the truly classical winter-sports (at least that's what we are thinking in Norway.)
I agree. I didn't get why they didn't try to catch up. They had plenty of chances and they were a group of three. Twenty seconds on a lap can be gone in a heartbeat.
And I agree with the Norwegian interpretation of the discipline. I have very fond memories going back into my childhood when I saw races life in my winter holidays. The combination of the most iconic (IMO) Nordic sports is still a highlight for me. Nice that Riiber won his medal.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad