Speculation: 2018 Playoffs will be _________'s coming out party/will be _______'s fall out of favour with fans

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Dermott's !!!! I know many of you see him as part of a bright future. To me the future is now. He's outstanding. I say he supplants Gardiner and gets more minutes by game 2.

Runner up: Marleau. He will be a big factor when many teams are game planning around our younger players.

Kapanen will lose favour with fans. He got unnecessary attention last playoffs vs. WSH. I don't think he will be a difference maker. If Johnsson gets an opportunity, he will shine more than Kap.

Runner up: Plekanec. He looks bored. He doesn't seem to have any life. How does a career 50-60 point C lose all offensive ability is beyond me. I think Moore will play more and play better. The fans will be cheesed off at losing assets for Plekanec.

I'd like to hear your predictions.

What do you think?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Plekanec won't lose favor because I think people kind of hate him already I disagree I'm open to bring him back as the 4th center

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
I don't think Johnsson will play unless there's an injury. I think Kapanen will have some big shifts. I think Matthews is going to have a better playoffs this year, though last year wasn't bad by any stretch.

Bozak and Zaitsev will continue to be the whipping boys. Komarov will either win people back or intensify the hatred tenfold.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Plekanec won't lose favor because I think people kind of hate him already I disagree I'm open to bring him back as the 4th center

I feel that he's running back to Montreal as soon as possible.

Dermott and Johnsson will shine. Komarov will be booed out of town.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I think nylander takes a step, he was very good last playoffs with and without the puck.

Marner could never fall out with leaf fans especially the ones born in the gta, doesn’t matter what he does although obviously him playing well helps us win.

Marleau could fall out more with leaf fans, he goes quiet a lot so if he goes quiet for a series it could all turn for him

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Why is that an odd choice? Andersen has struggled lately and his career playoff numbers are average.

I would say it’s an odd choice he has been fantastic for us for 95% of the season a bad month and people are turning on him. Also if they turn on him who do we play in goal as our #1? Garett f***ing sparks? Gross

Reactions: LeafsNation149

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Having a highly motivated Marleau and a Hainsey who has most recently "been there and won that", in addition to rookies that will now become playoff sophomores, should all help nicely.

I'm sure there's plenty of motivation for everyone though. Stepping up in the clutch can put an emphatic exclamation on anyone's solid regular season, or make a lacklustre regular season forgotten about in a hurry.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
A couple of GWG by Zach Hyman would go a long way to securing him as the "Hero tag".

I think the "Goat tag" that fans could turn on would most likely be a Dman based on some egregious mistakes like say Gardiner/Zaitsev or say Polak starts running up costly penalties that result in losses.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

Andersen has maybe 90% doesn’t matter has been our mvp for the majority of this season. I know from your posting history you have a bias against Andersen so after your reply to this I’m out I’m not getting into an argument about Andersen with you, zeke or any other Andersen negative biased poster. It’s boring

Reactions: CelticDruid

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Andersen has maybe 90% doesn’t matter has been our mvp for the majority of this season. I know from your posting history you have a bias against Andersen so after your reply to this I’m out I’m not getting into an argument about Andersen with you, zeke or any other Andersen negative biased poster. It’s boring
nobody is biased against him. It's claims like "he has been fantastic for us for 95% of the season" that are hilariously wrong and are exactly the kind of high standards that make a player fall out of favour when he can't live up to them

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
nobody is biased against him. It's claims like "he has been fantastic for us for 95% of the season" that are hilariously wrong and are exactly the kind of high standards that make a player fall out of favour when he can't live up to them

Not for me they don’t, but if you need to rely on a forum to form your opinions that’s you man. Andersen has been our best player this season. Last 3 weeks haven’t been great and maybe first month. Marner went missing for 2 months yet I’ve seen you fawn all over him,

All this doesn’t matter of course because if he is bad enough for “everyone” to turn on him what goalies do we have that are better? What goalies are available that are better? The answer is none garret sparks is not an answer either.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Brown was my choice to have a huge playoffs last year. Ill choose him again.

Both Boston and Tampa for 4 lines and that will only put huge pressure on our D. So we will likely see a defensemen get exposed, i have no idea who so ill guess... Zaitsev. Already having a not so good year and with the big contract he might be an easy target for fans and the media.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad