Injury Report: 2018 Playoffs: Adam Erne (out)

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Both left the game in the 3rd period. Callahan looked like a shoulder or arm injury (most likely dislocated shoulder IMO). No idea what’s up with G.

I don’t mind throwing Conacher in the lineup. We lose Cally’s defense and physicality but get Conacher’s speed and nose for the net.

G is way harder to replace though. Maybe dress 7D with KK and Dotchin? But we all know it’ll be Sustr getting the call.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Friggen joe michellini bringing his bad new york rangers mojo to the broadcast, making our rangers get hurt

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Hmm. Dotchin? Nope. KK? Nah. Sustr? Hell no. Can we call anyone up?

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I believe Coburn can play the right side correct? If so he’s the answer in the top 4. Have Serge and Dotchin or Sustr eat 10 minites a game. Need 25+ from Heddy and McDonagh. Heddy can play the right side too.

I don’t want to go 11/7. I want Conacher in for Cally if Cally can’t go. But I imagine Coop will go 11/7 on the road if Girardi can’t go.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I'd put Sustr in over both Dotchin and Koekkoek.
As much as I hate to say it, he might be the best option if it comes to that. But if he and Coburn see the ice at the same time we'll be in trouble. And I trust Sustr more than I trust Coop/Bowness to use Sustr wisely.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
As much as I hate to say it, he might be the best option if it comes to that. But if he and Coburn see the ice at the same time we'll be in trouble. And I trust Sustr more than I trust Coop/Bowness to use Sustr wisely.
Sustr/ Serge. 10 minutes a game. Can we survive those 10 minutes?

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Sustr/ Serge. 10 minutes a game. Can we survive those 10 minutes?
Honestly? I think we can, but New Jersey has last change for the next two. We just have to be really smart about which of our forwards they're playing behind. It's not ideal, but that's how it goes. At least we have a decent head start in the series.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Hoping the kept Girardi out as a precaution since we were up 5-2. Maybe they thought they would just play defensively and close out the game.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Sustr is not any kind of option at all. For 4 years we've watched what happens when he's on the ice in the playoffs. If we want to sign our death warrant it's as simple as dressing him. Mark my words he will not be long for this league if he does not play for us next year

Reactions: CupsOverCash

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
To expound a little more on Sustr, he's 27 years old, has played 5 years, over 350 NHL games combined between playoffs and regular season. He's been scratched for both these games and roughly half of the regular season. Why do we think that is and what does that say about him? What does that say about what our coaching staff thinks? About their trust? A fringe #6 defenseman who isn't really all that good at anything is not a solution to Girardi. If anything we should give Dotchin a look and pair him with Hedman while we keep Stralman with McDonagh and Segachev with Coburn. It's the path of least resistance and the path that has somewhat worked.

If we see Sustr I'm not going to be happy. I have stuck by the coaching staff through thick and thin and I won't stand to see that bumbling fool ever again. I have seldom wished for a player to leave and Sustr makes the short list

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
To expound a little more on Sustr, he's 27 years old, has played 5 years, over 350 NHL games combined between playoffs and regular season. He's been scratched for both these games and roughly half of the regular season. Why do we think that is and what does that say about him? What does that say about what our coaching staff thinks? About their trust? A fringe #6 defenseman who isn't really all that good at anything is not a solution to Girardi. If anything we should give Dotchin a look and pair him with Hedman while we keep Stralman with McDonagh and Segachev with Coburn. It's the path of least resistance and the path that has somewhat worked.

If we see Sustr I'm not going to be happy. I have stuck by the coaching staff through thick and thin and I won't stand to see that bumbling fool ever again. I have seldom wished for a player to leave and Sustr makes the short list
Nothing would make me happier than us not having to play Sustr. But Dotchin hasn't played in a long time, and his glaring weakness is speed. And KK is just too unreliable. I mean, I'm not thrilled with any of our options behind Girardi. We're just going to have to press down on the gas even harder. Should be fun.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
ITS HIS TIME

images

Reactions: LightningStrikes

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Dotchin is a bad choice always, especially so against a team with New Jersey’s speed. They’d match hall with Dotchin and hall would probably bank it in off that dumb oaf’s head.

Koekkoek would be ok, if we were still at home and needed someone for 5:00 a night of offensive zone starts or something. But we’re not, we’re in jersey, and we’re gonna play hedman 30+ minutes I guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad