2018 ohl draft April 7th

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
With the 2nd pick for Flint, it has to be Vierlng, Tolnai, or Cuylle. In the import draft, I hope Andrei Bakanov is still available. I would be ecstatic with any of these picks.

Bakanov can't go in the import draft. The youngest you can take is a 2000 born and Bakanov is an '01

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
lol after the week at ohl cup im hearing top pick will be byfield ..drysdale camp not committing to anyone so its more of a risky pick or a bluff and just take him at 2 or 3 some tough decisions for GMS at 2 and 3 id say ...petes pick couldnt get pinned down but heard rumblings either tolnei veirling cuylle..(i will still get you a coffee generalsupdates for the troubles lol) sudburys pick i had heard, and stuck by, was a "what if he wont report" option but now hearing byfield will report where ever he goes

Which has always been the case lol

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I wouldn't take tolnai that high IMO.
I understand you cannot only use his stats with the Oakville Rangers minor midgets AAA, he had 80 points in just 35 games. However, what are your reservations with Tolnai? He is a top 10 pick with a few prognosticators.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I understand you cannot only use his stats with the Oakville Rangers minor midgets AAA, he had 80 points in just 35 games. However, what are your reservations with Tolnai? He is a top 10 pick with a few prognosticators.
I would put probably put him Just in the top ten. I would take byfield, Vierling, Moore drysdale, cuylle, valade, perfetti, chayka, and maybe even Murray from Oakville over him. Few others I am missing maybe

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I like Ty Roberts game, he has solid two way game, plays physical, and good skater.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I would put probably put him Just in the top ten. I would take byfield, Vierling, Moore drysdale, cuylle, valade, perfetti, chayka, and maybe even Murray from Oakville over him. Few others I am missing maybe
We won’t have the option of Byfield, I think Perfetti has indicated there are only two OHL teams he would play for and has committed to Michigan, and Drysdale could be a reporting issue. If Flint wants a forward/center, that narrows the field for the 2nd pick.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
We won’t have the option of Byfield, I think Perfetti has indicated there are only two OHL teams he would play for and has committed to Michigan, and Drysdale could be a reporting issue. If Flint wants a forward/center, that narrows the field for the 2nd pick.
I understand that. But there are others that I would take over tolnai. Vierling hands down at two. I think if you are picking a forward a team would be crazy to take tolnai over Vierling.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I understand that. But there are others that I would take over tolnai. Vierling hands down at two. I think if you are picking a forward a team would be crazy to take tolnai over Vierling.
Thank you for your input Puckclektr.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
What a performance by Cole Perfetti tonight. Pretty sure he'd go 2nd or 3rd overall if he would report. As a Gens fan, I'm really thinking he doesn't make it to hte Gens at 11, even though he's been pretty clear he wants to go there. Someone in the top 10 will likely take a chance on him and try to convince him, he's a future superstar

Also can't say enough about how good the Ryan O'Rourke and Anthony Constantini pairing are. They completely shut the Byfield line down tonight and have been doing that all year for Vaughan

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
What a performance by Cole Perfetti tonight. Pretty sure he'd go 2nd or 3rd overall if he would report. As a Gens fan, I'm really thinking he doesn't make it to hte Gens at 11, even though he's been pretty clear he wants to go there. Someone in the top 10 will likely take a chance on him and try to convince him, he's a future superstar

Also can't say enough about how good the Ryan O'Rourke and Anthony Constantini pairing are. They completely shut the Byfield line down tonight and have been doing that all year for Vaughan
You are right that pairing was excellent tonight

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
“lol” not true they considered taking power earlier on.. did byfield goto sudbury in the last while that I didn’t hear? He went to flint..there was a reason for that

What? I said Byfield willing to report to whoever drafts him was always the case. He went to Flint because he's best friends with someone on the team's brother and there was a 50/50 chance Flint would get the #1 pick at that time and everyone ran away with "omg Byfield will only go to Flint" but it appears that was never the case, just people jumping to conclusions

Last edited:
Reactions: i luvallsports

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
What? I said Byfield willing to report to whoever drafts him was always the case. He went to Flint because he's best friends with someone on the team's brother and there was a 50/50 chance Flint would get the #1 pick at that time and everyone ran away with "omg Byfield will only go to Flint" but it appears that was never the case, just people jumping to conclusions
yes i understand that you had him going wherever all along i had heard from within sudbury org that "if" he wouldnt report, sudbury was going with Power....all good pal

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Some great looking players at the OHL Cup this year.
Some of the late 1st rd 2/3 rd kids did well for themselves.
Always like reading from those who see the kids more often thru the year, as its hard to get a good feel in 3 days of rink hoping.
Always a great tournament.
Veirling i really liked. Good skill set and smart player unafraid to go anywhere to make a play. Drysdale and Byfield, obviously talented skilled players worthy of high ranking.

Butler, Bar YSE, oRourke, Tullio VK ,Schlueting NOHA, Robinson, Bianconi JrC, 5 TM Fs, looked as later 1st/2nd rd picks.
Others further down were Burke PTB, Constantino, Dorazio VK, Snow Barrie, Saye, Portokalis, Gucciardi for a PM D DMF, Morrison Guelph, Murray Oak, Spearing, Carogioiello JrC.

All just from limited views this week.

Congrats to all the teams n players for a great tourney and all the staff n parents for volunteering so much time thru the year.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Any decision on Chayka and Bakanov with respect to their status for the upcoming OHL draft?

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Vierling is stating his case this week. Statistically aside, he is very committed defensively and does it efficiently and urgently. He has good size and has terrific straight away speed with a long powerful stride. He is also a very agile at high speed with some nice shifty movements. Boasts an accurate and hard snap shot with a quick release at high speed as well. Whatever team gets him gets a gem in my opinion.

I'm with you. Tolnai more of an 8-12 guy, in my eyes.

Reactions: Puckclektr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad