Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Entry Draft - Hawks picking 8 and 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I know I will get flamed for this, but I think Dahlin takes a bit of time to get going at the NHL level...I think next year he will have a good/solid year but nothing crazy...just like Hedman I still think he needs some adjusting and time to grow into the frame...but after that second year and beyond...yeah this kid is going to be special.

Swedish Canucks fan in peace. I agree 100% with you. He still needs more time to develop his defensive side. Personally I hope he goes to a place where they have hockey culture, i.e. not AZ.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Dahlin would have pretty good route to the NHL with Blackhawks. Keith is still 1st pairing guy and one of the best mentors for Rasmus (just dont show how to shoot the puck please). Forsling will start the season as #2LD so Dahlin would be most likely on 3rd pair which isnt bad for him. He would get a lot of easier deployment etc and carry Seabrook.

Lets go after Trouba too plz.

Keith - Trouba
Forsling - Murphy
Dahlin - Oesterle
Seabrook

Plz hockey gods. Plz plz. Plz. One more time.

Plz.

Reactions: LDF

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What is depth of this years draft like?

Cause currently Hawks are lacking in high picks

Hawks 1st rounder
Hawks 3rd rounder
Hawks 5th rounder
Blue Jackets 5th rounder
Hawks 6th rounder
Hawks 7th rounder

- Stanley gave away our 2nd rounder in that god awful Weise/Fleischmann trade
- Hawks traded away our 4th rounder in Oduya deal

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Hawks 1st rounder
Hawks 3rd rounder
Hawks 5th rounder
Blue Jackets 5th rounder
Hawks 6th rounder
Hawks 7th rounder

First potential top-10 pick in years, "Hawks are lacking in high picks because of Stanley."

Reactions: migi

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

Hawks 1st rounder
Hawks 3rd rounder
Hawks 5th rounder
Blue Jackets 5th rounder
Hawks 6th rounder
Hawks 7th rounder

Not to give you any more anti-Stan ammunition, but we did lose Oduya shortly after to Dallas as a free agent when we got Daley for Johns and Sharp, and couldn't re-sign Oduya. Daley was traded for Scuderi (Pittsburgh), who then was traded to the Kings for Ehrhoff. Subsequently reacquired Oduya from Dallas for McNeill and that fourth round pick.

So that trade was really Oduya, Johns, Sharp, McNeill and a fourth, in return for Ehrhoff, Garbutt and Oduya.

Horrible trade to a division rival.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

Hawks 1st rounder
Hawks 3rd rounder
Hawks 5th rounder
Blue Jackets 5th rounder
Hawks 6th rounder
Hawks 7th rounder

even with all the ill advise trade for draft picks, the cupboard was bare. it is now that the team is starting to have players to step up but not before.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Our support players wont mean much when most of our cap is locked in a declining core built around fading vets or players who simply don't give a damn and are only around to collect a paycheck (#19)

Kane is only guy to likely still have a strong 5 years left in him

Keith is already showing signs of decline , Seabrook has declined and Crawford with his injury concerns and age likely doesn't have a lot left in tank

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
as i posted in another thread, next yr is going to be a difficult yr with the salary cap. esp with bonuses and rfa ....

migi

Feb 25, 2015
as i posted in another thread, next yr is going to be a difficult yr with the salary cap. esp with bonuses and rfa ....

Lol no its not.

For the first time we are going to have a lot cap space. 9 millions about with Hossa LTIR.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

I'm surprised you didn't include your nonsensical "fix the cap" catchphrase in that post.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
No. Duclair, Vinnie and Hayden are too.

well none of them are going to cause us any serious coin.

I can do without Duclair coming back period if he thinks about asking for too much.

Hayden will be on the cheap, same with Vinny...not seeing the gloom and doom here...

migi

Feb 25, 2015

I can do without Duclair coming back period if he thinks about asking for too much.

Hayden will be on the cheap, same with Vinny...not seeing the gloom and doom here...

Agree 100%. And I think Duclair wants to be here going forward. He is getting a chance to play with top-line and I hope it motivates him to be even better next year. Currently he is top-9 forward which is fine.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

i have always liked Duclair and think with the right coach and teammates he can become a viable player ... but the point is, this group of rfa's, and what is left on the salary, that will be the telling point of what the team needs to address the missing players, else where.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Agree 100%. And I think Duclair wants to be here going forward. He is getting a chance to play with top-line and I hope it motivates him to be even better next year. Currently he is top-9 forward which is fine.
i really think he will not be a difficult resigning b/c he wants to reestablish himself.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
i have always liked Duclair and think with the right coach and teammates he can become a viable player ... but the point is, this group of rfa's, and what is left on the salary, that will be the telling point of what the team needs to address the missing players, else where.

still not seeing it- these guys are getting minor raises, and with $9mil in cap next year plus when we move Anisimov (that is happening now or at the draft) we will have over $13mil on players. I am not worried at all for once, neither should you.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
still not seeing it- these guys are getting minor raises, and with $9mil in cap next year plus when we move Anisimov (that is happening now or at the draft) we will have over $13mil on players. I am not worried at all for once, neither should you.
many thanks for trying to explain this to me, i guess i just got to wait until the season is over and then things will pan out.

again many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad