2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
On that note, Noel is a ND for WTK because he's big.

He's actually on my list. I just don't know where to keep him. He reminds me of Justin Bailey. A big rangy kid with skill but everything doesn't work in unison at the same time.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He's actually on my list. I just don't know where to keep him. He reminds me of Justin Bailey. A big rangy kid with skill but everything doesn't work in unison at the same time.

Funny because i remember you saying he's a ND a few months ago because he's big and those type of players won't produce at the next level. Even when i continuously tried to tell you Noel had amazing tools. So you basically replied to me without having knowledge of a player and tried to pass it off as if you did?

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Funny because i remember you saying he's a ND a few months ago because he's big and those type of players won't produce at the next level. Even when i continuously tried to tell you Noel had amazing tools. So you basically replied to me without having knowledge of a player and tried to pass it off as if you did?

Are you trying to say that you can see everything ever about a player in one viewing?

Noel is a ND for me in the sense that I wouldn't pick him where he's going (late first round/early second). But I did keep him on my list in the event he falls further than that. He's not a pure ND for me like Groulx or the Samuelssons.

And im fairly certain that the individual in the thread that dislikes Noel the most is mrb1p.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Are you trying to say that you can see everything ever about a player in one viewing?

Noel is a ND for me in the sense that I wouldn't pick him where he's going (late first round/early second).

No i just find it funny how extreme your views are on players and how quickly they can change, doesn't seem normal.

I'll enjoy watching you pick players like Hillis and Dellandrea who are the type of players who excel in the juniors and won't amount to anything in the NHL.

Hehe just ball busting you pal.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
No i just find it funny how extreme your views are on players and how quickly they can change, doesn't seem normal.

I'll enjoy watching you pick players like Hillis and Dellandrea who are the type of players who excel in the juniors and won't amount to anything in the NHL.

You made the most extreme and bizarre 180 on Sergachev in his draft year. From his biggest fan to a ND at 9 in the span of a couple weeks, literally.

How's Alex Nylander doing these days, by the way?

:sarcasm:

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Yeah I don't really think a whole lot of my opinions swing drastically on guys. I will knock down players (and there's a lot to see) if I don't see something but if they then start showing it, I'm not going to keep an out of date opinion.

For example, Farabee. My issue with him was his shot. I don't like players who can't threaten with a good shot. But im seeing more of it and obviously if he erases the concern I have about him, he would come up my list.

As far as Hillis and Dellendrea go. If those guys hit. They are top 6 guys. I'll take that all day over Gruden who's just gonna be a glue guy.

Give me one home run over two singles. All day. Your philosophy can be different. That's fine. I'm looking for guys with outstanding qualities that set them apart.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
You made the most extreme and bizarre 180 on Sergachev in his draft year. From his biggest fan to a ND at 9 in the span of a couple weeks, literally.

False, ND means you absolute HATE everything about a player. I made a 180 on Sergachev after i noticed how extremely brain dead he was defensively (which is pretty hard to notice when you're 10x more talented than everyone else in juniors), which he's clearly showing even now (Tampa even healthy scratched him a few games and played him as a forward this year).

I never said anything about Sergachev offensively, i always referred to him as an offensive wizard.. but you know there's more to hockey than just offensive tools right?

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
False, ND means you absolute HATE everything about a player. I made a 180 on Sergachev after i noticed how extremely brain dead he was defensively (which is pretty hard to notice when you're 10x more talented than everyone else in juniors), which he's clearly showing even now (Tampa even healthy scratched him and played him as a forward this year).

I never said anything about Sergachev offensively, i always refered to him as an offensive wizard.. but you know there's more to hockey than just offensive tools right?

No draft for me is a player who is going to get selected higher than their projected value.

Groulx has a first round grade. I don't think he's a first round prospect. Therefore hes a ND for me. There's no point ranking him on my list when he's not gonna be there relative to his value.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

It's not like anyone here has overly informed opinions but everyone has very high opinions of their own opinions so naturally they will shift to be right. Admitting being wrong is like gouging your eyes out with a rusty spoon here.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
It's not like anyone here has overly informed opinions but everyone has very high opinions of their own opinions so naturally they will shift to be right. Admitting being wrong is like gouging your eyes out with a rusty spoon here.

I don't really have a strong opinion on prospects personally, but I like reading through this thread.

Just so that I know what pick to be pissed about come draft day. I have to be prepared.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Alex Nylander, was it? :sarcasm:

Look man, I'm just messing with you.

Sergachev dropped on my list because of his defensive IQ, there's not much to it other than that? I went from liking him because of his raw offensive tools but he started to slip on my list the more viewings i had of him due to his defensive play.. uh that's pretty much it.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Merkley is so good when he just puts the effort in, it's so frustrating knowing what he's capable of and watching him just give up on plays

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I fought with Grant and I said Matt Murray wasn't a good goalie prospect. I was wrong.

I fought with Grant and said Mike McLeod is not a top 10 pick. He didn't go top 10 and nothing he's doing suggest he would have been worth one. I was right.

I said Poehling didn't have top 6 upside. It looks like he does have the ability to play 2C at the next level. Jury is still out but I could be wrong.

If someone was 100 percent Right. We'll start documenting everything and submit your resume because I'm sure some team would love to have the only guy in the world who's perfect.

Reactions: dralaf

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I don't really have a strong opinion on prospects personally, but I like reading through this thread.

Just so that I know what pick to be pissed about come draft day. I have to be prepared.

I have no opinions on prospects I don't see play at all.

Only prospect I was ever sure was an nhler was Mrazek

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Sergachev dropped on my list because of his defensive IQ, there's not much to it other than that? I went from liking him because of his raw offensive tools but he started to slip on my list the more viewings i had of him due to his defensive play.. uh that's pretty much it.

That's fair enough, I just saw some irony in you going after someone for changing his opinion on a prospect when new information came to light. To me that's a sign you're actually assessing a player and not fanboying over him. I don't see it as a bad thing.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

So essentially what you were trying to bash me for? Noticing things from increased viewings and making adjustments to your list?

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Anyone who still wants to talk about these u18 games want to compare some opinions on these 2 Canada games?:laugh:

I seem to have a vastly different take than most people on the main boards so would like to see a player analysis from you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad