2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread (Less then 24 Hours Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Still like Bode Wilde guys?? No pt so far in the tournament playing on a stacked 1 PP unit...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I wonder how I would like a player to complement this team. Option one is by having a great attitude, truculence, and belligerence. Option number two is by scoring a bunch of goals.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Really makes ya think.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You see glimpses of Wahlstrom driving his line and how with the puck on his stick he can create in a variety of ways.

But he's also playing with Jack Hughes who wants the puck and is the center on the line. What I see is a player who's comfortable doing whatever he needs to be successful and with Jack Hughes it's find open ice and use his shot.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Me right now:
28vysf.jpg

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Exactly why we need to suck for two more years. I actually don't mind going D early this year, those guys need longer to develop. Then get some centers high in 2019 and 2020 and they can plug into the lineup fairly quickly.
Agreed great year to take a Dman and then tank for 2 more years for a Center.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Was surprised to see Lundell is still two years away, legit thought he was an 01 the way he looks out there. Another stud to keep watch.

Lots of 01's and 02's stealing the spotlight this year with Kakko, Hughes, Lundell, Cajkovic, Lafreniere, Byram, Lavoie.

Last edited:

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
I really think Thomas is hurting his stock a little. He was rising due to good playoffs but this u18 might negate that good performance. Back to an early 20 pick.

Boqvist, Smith, Wahlstrom have solidified their places in the top 8ish. Berggren probably just played his way out of our reach with a 2nd.

Reactions: dralaf

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Yeah good puck protection, but the thing is if he had decent speed to create separation to begin with he wouldn't need to protect the puck in that fashion, he only had one hand available to control the puck. I am not really impressed by this, mostly shows that his lack of speed is handicapping his play with the puck. He won't get away with this at the NHL level against bigger and faster players.

This is a huge skill to have for any hockey player, even for speedsters.

A huge part of creating offense at the NHL level comes from cycling the puck down low and his puck protection abilities will be huge for him when adjusting to the pros. It’s a beautiful display of strength and high end skill.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
There are going to be some great players available with those 2nds!! I'm really liking those Swedish forwards...

Reactions: NoQuinn

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You see glimpses of Wahlstrom driving his line and how with the puck on his stick he can create in a variety of ways.

But he's also playing with Jack Hughes who wants the puck and is the center on the line. What I see is a player who's comfortable doing whatever he needs to be successful and with Jack Hughes it's find open ice and use his shot.

Curious? How would Wahlstrom do without Hughes? I like the shot and goal scoring ability he has for sure. Right handed shot too which we lack in our top 9

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Huges has everything but the shot . Like Mete , i am not sure how his offensive game will translate . I prefer Boqvist or Wahlstrom
Hughes has a great wrister. And don't put him in the same sentence as Mete. Hughes can flat out dominate the opposition in ways that Mete couldn't even do in a video game.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Hughes has a great wrister. And don't put him in the same sentence as Mete. Hughes can flat out dominate the opposition in ways that Mete couldn't even do in a video game.
agree to disagree ; Hughes doesn't have a great shot - as Mete ( and that's why i put his name there )

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
agree to disagree ; Hughes doesn't have a great shot - as Mete ( and that's why i put his name there )
His wrist shot is very underrated, he can rip it. No doubt other dmen have better shots, but Hughes shot isn't something that makes you pass up on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad