2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread (Less then 24 Hours Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
you will see guys, you draft on projection and Miller projects at the very worst as a very solid second pairing D-Man who can do a bit of everything, especially defending...
That, more specifically his hockey sense, is probably the part of his game that's most up in the air. He's got all the tools in the world but he's prone to make some questionable plays.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
The more you watch Kotkienemi, the more you forget about that because he gets to where you want him to. It just isn't pretty.

But will he still be able to do that in the NHL with his skating? I guess I just see Zadina as a better bet to translate to the NHL. It would be nice to have a real Center though.

Reactions: dralaf

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Wow !!! Something'w strange, Kotkaniemi is now favorite on loto-quebec (over Zadina) to be pick by the habs....
Shit I should've made some bets before Bob's list came out. I heard some of the Mise-o-jeu bets are not available anymore.

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
I didn't say otherwise did I. But speed is Zadina's issues. His top end speed isn't very fast.

Neither is PK Subbans, but his edgework and agility are really good (like Zadina), allowing him to do what he does.

Edit: Not trying to compare the two in any other way but the skating.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Neither is PK Subbans, but his edgework and agility are really good (like Zadina), allowing him to do what he does.

Edit: Not trying to compare the two in any other way but the skating.
My response was to people saying that speed was Kotkaniemi's issue. But it isn't it's Zadina's. That's literally all I was saying. I'm no more concerned about, Zadina's skating than I am Kotkaniemi's.

Reactions: Habby Gilmore

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
My response was to people saying that speed was Kotkaniemi's issue. But it isn't it's Zadina's. That's literally all I was saying. I'm no more concerned about, Zadina's skating than I am Kotkaniemi's.

My bad, obviously I misunderstood. Kotkaniemis speed is fine, it’s his agility that needs improvement IMO. Maybe WTK is right and it’s just teenage awkwardness and he’ll grow into his frame in time and improve. Let’s hope so if we do end up picking him :)

Reactions: dralaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad