2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread (Less then 24 Hours Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
There’s zero reason to think Trevor Timmins has any interest in Bouchard over Dobson. It doesn’t fit at all with his draft history. Unless Bergevin just looks at HockeyDB and says “I want him”
I would take Tkachuk over him, that skating and defensive play is pretty bad.

neil2005

May 2, 2012
Grant is plugged in with the Habs and Timmins so if he's saying unfortunately I believe him.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Wahlstrom creates offense better than Zadina and Tkachuk. Grants just an idiot when it comes to scouting offense.

Also putting Bouchard ahead of Boqvist? As NP would say.. that's "wrong think"

Grant isnt as plugged in to the Habs as you think. He has only been right in mid round targets and I think that was only last year because I think Timmins has helping him out a bit with launching his new site. One way to do that is feeding him info just before their selection.

He was wrong on Sergachev. I don't know if he called Juulsen or not. Don't think he had them interested in Scherbak. He only defended McCarron after the fact.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Any word yet on where Wahlstrom will play next year? Just saw that Team USA has picked Tkachuk's coach at BU to replace Poehling's coach for the WJC's next year.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Was kinda ho-hum until the Belarus game, but he's really flourished since then. He was deadly against Canada today, we were lucky to escape with the win.

Yeah he looked much better today vs Canada then he did against the US. He had a really bad game. I love his shot and his ability to jump up from the backend. I'm not in love with his positional play... he seems to cheat a lot. He will definitely need some time, but the upside is there...

Reactions: dralaf

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Wahlstrom creates offense better than Zadina and Tkachuk. Grants just an idiot when it comes to scouting offense.

Also putting Bouchard ahead of Boqvist? As NP would say.. that's "wrong think"

Grant isnt as plugged in to the Habs as you think. He has only been right in mid round targets and I think that was only last year because I think Timmins has helping him out a bit with launching his new site. One way to do that is feeding him info just before their selection.

He was wrong on Sergachev. I don't know if he called Juulsen or not. Don't think he had them interested in Scherbak. He only defended McCarron after the fact.

He pumped McCarron's tires all year and had the Habs likely reaching for him. I argued with him a lot. Called Juulsen IIRC and same with Scherbak. He's been pretty spot on.

Reactions: dralaf

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012

@Mrb1p told ya that some people had Hayton more than a 3c. That's why I said that he will disappoint.

First, it isn't by using capital letters that you make your point more convincing, childish thing to do. Anyway, who in the top10 isn't projected to become a highly valuable player. About Hayton, I would be very surprised if Hayton becomes a 1st line center in the NHL. And minimum top6 is just wrong. He is projected as a versatile middle6 center by virtually everyone. Let's not get ahead of ourself, he is not the next Kopitar or Bergeron. Reading the previous tweet, if he has Hayton over Wahlstrom that's very laughable.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Did anyone get Yle Areena to stream with any other VPN than Freedome ? Mine (PIA) gets blocked.

EDIT: Nevermind, Freedome has a free 5 day trial and its working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad