Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He'd be around 10-11 pts if Ryan Stoa didn't have the finishing prowess of Vesey and Zucc.

Actually Kravtsov was separated from Stoa to be centered instead by Polygalov with Glinkin at LW. Traktor site listed Stoa as a second line center while Polygalov as forth but ice time clearly (6-8 min) went to the later.

Протокол игры: Адмирал - Трактор : Континентальная Хоккейная Лига (КХЛ)

«Адмирал» vs «Трактор» - 2:7

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Actually Kravtsov was separated from Stoa to be centered instead by Polygalov with Glinkin at LW. Traktor site listed Stoa as a second line center while Polygalov as forth but ice time clearly (6-8 min) went to the later.

Yes but Stoa has literally shanked at least 3 gimmies via Kravstov.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

And here's the thing: He does this on a regular basis. Battles, gets the puck and in a split second he sees a teammate. That's high hockey IQ

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Kravtsov is performing like the player he always showed signs of being --- and he's doing it in a more straight forward manner.

One of the big differences I've seen this year is that he's grasping that he's legitimately more talented than a lot of his opposition. He's not forcing plays, or backing off when others attempt to stand up the play. He's playing with a confidence and assertion that's sometimes been lacking both at the KHL and MHL levels.

When we look at player growth, it goes without saying that you want to see increased production, results and responsibility. But one of the things you try to determine is how a player adapts and adjusts. How do they grow? Do they try to stick a square peg in a round hole, or do they problem solve? Failure is going to happen, but do they fail forward?

Like Andersson and Chytil last season, and like the previous campaigns by Howden and Hajek, Kravtsov is demonstrating what you want to see in a prospect. Beyond even the numbers, which are very good, Kravtsov is having an excellent start to his D-1 season. The only major things I'd change are the things he can't control.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Kravtsov is performing like the player he always showed signs of being --- and he's doing it in a more straight forward manner.

One of the big differences I've seen this year is that he's grasping that he's legitimately more talented than a lot of his opposition. He's not forcing plays, or backing off when others attempt to stand up the play. He's playing with a confidence and assertion that's sometimes been lacking both at the KHL and MHL levels.

When we look at player growth, it goes without saying that you want to see increased production, results and responsibility. But one of the things you try to determine is how a player adapts and adjusts. How do they grow? Do they try to stick a square peg in a round hole, or do they problem solve? Failure is going to happen, but do they fail forward?

Like Andersson and Chytil last season, and like the previous campaigns by Howden and Hajek, Kravtsov is demonstrating what you want to see in a prospect. Beyond even the numbers, which are very good, Kravtsov is having an excellent start to his D-1 season. The only major things I'd change are the things he can't control.

Same. I’d give him a chance with with PP1 as the 4th forward joining Traktor’s first line but it is unlikely at this point as the current unit has been doing well without him. Another reason why Kravtsov ‘s points total so far is lower than it could have been. #context

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Here's a video of his goal. Signature move. He has the puck sit on his stick for a split second before roofing it.

I’m not a fan, per de, of the broadcast “look and feel” but technically it’s really good. I’ve been impressed with the quality of the KHL product. I had no idea.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I get a Filip Forsberg vibe from him from what I've seen but I've admittedly seen a lot less of him than you.
I get what you mean, he plays similar to Forsberg in that he likes to come down the off-wing with speed, directly challenge and try to deke out the defenceman.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't know, that big lanky but smooth skating and with the puck look doesn't really remind me of Kuznetsov or other guys like that. Maybe a bit of someone like Eichel in the way that they can look so smooth skating and just maneuver the puck around smoothly

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Am I crazy to mention the big D?

That would Datsyuk of course. Just with the smooth skating, stick handling, and IQ, less so the defensive wizardry and generational puck skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad