Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #22 - K'Andre Miller (D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Feels good to look back and see I had him at like 14-15 iirc
It’s insane how well he’s doing, and he’s 6’4, once he fills out he’ll be a stud
There’s no need to rush him though, our left side is filled already with Skjei, Hajek, Staal, Smith, Lindgren, Rykov etc

Give him one more year in Wisconsin and one year in Hartford and Smith and Staal won’t even be in the equation anymore. It would also be completely insane if all 3 of Hajek, Lindgren and Rykov were legitimate NHL players. The odds are that only 1 of the 3 is.

Reactions: Inferno

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
My preference would def be a second year in college however if he finishes around a ppg and continues to dominate it’s almost impossible to justify leaving him there when he should probably be a pro. What he’s doing as a freshman dman right now is ridiculous
I agree that he should stay at least another year, to let him develop further. However, if he continues on this trajectory and his defensive game is solid, there's no reason for him not to turn pro after his D+2 season. You only develop and learn further by playing against better/tougher competition!

Reactions: Kovalev27

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The Devils and Rangers both did very well it seems with their defensive picks in that first round. Picking two guys that could easily when all is said and done have been top 10 picks.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Give him one more year in Wisconsin and one year in Hartford and Smith and Staal won’t even be in the equation anymore. It would also be completely insane if all 3 of Hajek, Lindgren and Rykov were legitimate NHL players. The odds are that only 1 of the 3 is.
I think at least 2 of them can be bottom pairing dmen at the least. Rykov is doing pretty good in the KHL right now and we already know Hajek and Lindgren. All 3 could be NHLers but if I were to bet, at least 2 of them stick for a bit. What I don’t know is if even 1 of them will end up legit top 4 guys.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I think at least 2 of them can be bottom pairing dmen at the least. Rykov is doing pretty good in the KHL right now and we already know Hajek and Lindgren. All 3 could be NHLers but if I were to bet, at least 2 of them stick for a bit. What I don’t know is if even 1 of them will end up legit top 4 guys.

I see Miller-Hajek-Lindgren/Rykov down the left for a long time, of Miller keeps this up. Think Hajek ends up a solid 2nd pair guy.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I hope Adam Fox forces his way here.
I can't see the Canes trading him. Unless he doesn't play in Carolina but I haven't heard that. The better he plays right now the less likely he finds his way to broadway. Not even sure if they would do a Fox for Hayes type trade.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I can't see the Canes trading him. Unless he doesn't play in Carolina but I haven't heard that. The better he plays right now the less likely he finds his way to broadway. Not even sure if they would do a Fox for Hayes type trade.

The rumor before the season was that he wanted to sign with either the Rangers or the Islanders after his senior year (hes only a junior now.)

The validity of that is questionable, but if true I hope we find a way to get him.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The rumor before the season was that he wanted to sign with either the Rangers or the Islanders after his senior year (hes only a junior now.)

The validity of that is questionable, but if true I hope we find a way to get him.
Would be a great fit for sure. We've been talking about getting him for over a year now. If we are gonna trade Hayes someone like that would be a nice return. We don't have anyone else realistically that returns that kind of player unless we are trading our first rounder or young asset like Chytil which we should obviously not do.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

I think he was referring to a Hayes/Vesey scenario where Fox hits free agency in August

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The biggest thing with K'Andre is just patience and letting him develop his game. I'm probably one of the few that doesn't think this type of offense will translate at higher levels, but I do see a kid that plays a very projectable game. I can see him rounding out into a Hampus Lindholm style defenseman who will give you great defense and help you control the pace of play, but only be good for 30ish points a year. Depending on who is still in our organization, I'm not sure he'll be our primary PPQB.

How bout we don’t have to worry about that and draft the better defenseman (and RHD) in Victor Soderstrom (; (; (;

I haven't seen Soderstrom this year, but you really think he's better than Byram? Why?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
The biggest thing with K'Andre is just patience and letting him develop his game. I'm probably one of the few that doesn't think this type of offense will translate at higher levels, but I do see a kid that plays a very projectable game. I can see him rounding out into a Hampus Lindholm style defenseman who will give you great defense and help you control the pace of play, but only be good for 30ish points a year. Depending on who is still in our organization, I'm not sure he'll be our primary PPQB.

I haven't seen Soderstrom this year, but you really think he's better than Byram? Why?
I actually have Soderstrom 6th and Byram 7th so it is very close but I like Soderstrom’s defensive game better and Soderstrom very rarely makes mistakes and if he does, they’re not costly mistakes in the defensive zone. Byram doesn’t make many either but Soderstrom is an incredibly smart player with untapped offensive upside. And Soderstrom has been doing this in a men’s league/better league, he looks so poised out there. Can’t go wrong with either though

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Our first round is looking real solid. Kravtsov a KHL All Star, Miller with the 4th highest PPG by a 18-year old D-man since 2000, Lundkvist showing his versatility and reliability with how he's used. Exciting times for prospect watchers

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Our first round is looking real solid. Kravtsov a KHL All Star, Miller with the 4th highest PPG by a 18-year old D-man since 2000, Lundkvist showing his versatility and reliability with how he's used. Exciting times for prospect watchers

Absolutely. And to think after this next draft, it will be even more intense!

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I agree that he should stay at least another year, to let him develop further. However, if he continues on this trajectory and his defensive game is solid, there's no reason for him not to turn pro after his D+2 season. You only develop and learn further by playing against better/tougher competition!

That’s literally what I said in my post that you quoted! Lol

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think he can put up 30 pts while controlling the ice playing against top forwards and pairing up with an offensive guy like DeAngelo or hopefully Lundkvist long term. But he just seems like a freak athlete. The top pair upside is certainly there.

That goal he scored gloving dropping and sniping short side is world class.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Talking about Adam Fox signing with us after his senior year gets me so giddy lmao. Can you guys imagine a Miller-Fox pairing? My god

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad