NFL: 2018 NFL off-season news & notes thread (Vikings sign Hunter to big extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

They're not even in pads yet and some of the buzz could be related to upping his trade value but I don't care. I'm happy to hear he's out on the field and apparently looking pretty good.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This guy is a freak. First active NHL player to hold a medical degree.

And as a kid worked in a family business of bread and pastry makers.

So last year, he invites all of his teammates at his house and bakes everything that he serves them.

Who does this? Congrats LDTMD.

Reactions: le_sean

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

So last year, he invites all of his teammates at his house and bakes everything that he serves them.

Incredible feat to be able to juggle both. At McGill no less, which is something.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Not to mention he’s probably our best O lineman

He self diagnosed his ankle injury this year :laugh:

Reactions: RedRenegade

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Things were not looking good for him to return but I guess this pretty much makes it official. I also find it hard to believe that he'll land a job elsewhere. He's been here for 7 years with a few games played each season, including 4 starts. That's as long as Cam and Jake.

He wasn't very good anymore, but he's better than what they've currently got. I really don't like the backup QB situation right now.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Why would anyone, rich or not, have 5 kids? Especially so close in age.

I'm so glad I'm not a diaper changing butt-sniffer anymore.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Why would anyone, rich or not, have 5 kids? Especially so close in age.

I'm so glad I'm not a diaper changing butt-sniffer anymore.

If I was rich and could afford to have a all day help I'd have a bunch of kids. Have 2 under 2, might have a 3rd in a few years. But if money wasn't an issue I'd have 4+ for sure.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
If I was rich and could afford to have a all day help I'd have a bunch of kids. Have 2 under 2, might have a 3rd in a few years. But if money wasn't an issue I'd have 4+ for sure.
If someone is willing to do the dirty work, hell why not. But I wouldn't really want kids if I didn't enjoy the real moments with them, either. I guess I just want my cake and to eat it, too lol

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
If someone is willing to do the dirty work, hell why not. But I wouldn't really want kids if I didn't enjoy the real moments with them, either. I guess I just want my cake and to eat it, too lol

I hear you on the real moments. I wouldn't want to farm out raising them to someone else, but having a little help here and there would be nice. But more importantly being able to comfortably pay for housing, food, education would make it a lot more likely for me to have more.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Where would Bridgewater even go that he could be a good backup option?

Dallas?
Miami?
Seattle?
Detroit?
LA chargers?

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The Panthers could use a real back up. The only other QBs on the roster besides Cam are Kyle Allen, Taylor Heinicke, and Garrett Gilbert which are (or should be) 3rd stringers/practice squad QBs at best.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't think anything will happen with Bridgewater. He may get a start or two this year for the Jets, and then he'll leave next year for a better opportunity.

As for a Carolina backup, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a match with one of the Steelers' backups. They have an extra body and are familiar with each others roster depth because they play each other in the preseason every year. Josh Dobbs actually played well vs the Panthers last year and I could see a trade for a 6th or 7th round pick.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I don't think anything will happen with Bridgewater. He may get a start or two this year for the Jets, and then he'll leave next year for a better opportunity.

As for a Carolina backup, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a match with one of the Steelers' backups. They have an extra body and are familiar with each others roster depth because they play each other in the preseason every year. Josh Dobbs actually played well vs the Panthers last year and I could see a trade for a 6th or 7th round pick.
Dobbs might fit better stylistically than the QBs on the Panthers roster but I've never been really high on him. I certainly wouldn't waste a pick trading for him. At least Bridgewater has shown he can actually play, even if he's just mediocre going forward.

I think the Steelers drafting Rudolph in the 3rd round despite having Jones and using a 4th round pick on Dobbs last year says a lot on what they think about Dobbs.

Reactions: m9

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Dobbs might fit better stylistically than the QBs on the Panthers roster but I've never been really high on him. I certainly wouldn't waste a pick trading for him. At least Bridgewater has shown he can actually play, even if he's just mediocre going forward.

I think the Steelers drafting Rudolph in the 3rd round despite having Jones and using a 4th round pick on Dobbs last year says a lot on what they think about Dobbs.

He has not shown he can actually play post injury

Judging how he looked before injury IMO is flawed

He essentially hasn't played any football in 2 years with his only appearance last year going 0-2 in passing with an INT in relief

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
He has not shown he can actually play post injury

Judging how he looked before injury IMO is flawed

He essentially hasn't played any football in 2 years with his only appearance last year going 0-2 in passing with an INT in relief
Still more of a track record than pretty much any of the QBs I've mentioned, and could be worth a shot if he comes cheap. If he doesn't work out, by all means go for one of those other guys.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sure its worth shot but there is still major ? about if he can ever be close to what he was before injury

The other NY team honestly makes sense for Bridgewater as Eli is not answer and they don't have any heir or other option at QB

If Bridgewater was on Giants its very likely he gets into some games next year with Eli likely to continue to regress and Giants probably being a bottom tier team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad