NFL: 2018 NFL off-season news & notes thread (Vikings sign Hunter to big extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
They've done everything but actually announce they're looking to trade up for a QB. Stockpiling picks, moving up in the first round, trading Taylor, not signing (as of yet) any of the other QB's on the market.

Yeah I’m even a little surprised they didn’t (agree to) sign a vet qb yet. But also given whoever it is won’t last long if at all in the starting role it was probably smart to just sit back and wait until the last men standing had no leverage and no where to go anyway. If you are AJ and Bridgewater joins McCown in NY you are probably desperate to get the only halfway decent spot left.

Personally if I was Buffalo I’d sign Matt Moore. He’s good isn’t the room and would know the score.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
The Browns signed two tackles. Looks more and more like Joe Thomas is retiring. If so, overpaying for a starter is fine because tons of cap room will free up. I’m sure they’ll also draft a decent tackle.

very much possible but imo, stephenson is more of a turnstile than a starting tackle.. the less he plays, the better.

they should go hard after nate solder if thomas retires.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Bridgewater is going to be the 5th QB on the Jets roster when his one year deal goes through. That seems like a lot for a team whose biggest need is still QB.

Glennon doing the smartest thing one can do and is following Bradford to Arizona to wait for the injury.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Jets and Cardinals are now done so that might leave the Bills as McCarron's best (only?) landing spot unless he wants to be a back-up somewhere.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Jets and Cardinals are now done so that might leave the Bills as McCarron's best (only?) landing spot unless he wants to be a back-up somewhere.

He’d end up a backup there too.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well outside of Hue do we know anyone who actually wants him as a starter?

Outside of Hue Jackson I don't recall anyone around NFL who viewed McCarron so highly

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
That'd be a good fit. I haven't heard his name mentioned once today.

He would eventually but might get some decent money to start if the rookie needs time.

What leverage does he have to get paid anything? There’s one spot left where he has even a prayer of taking a starting snap to start the year. And they may rather go with Moore who both the coach and gm have worked with and they know is good in the room and won’t have a problem stepping aside for a rookie.

Maybe they throw him a bone on their terms. Maybe he’s better off waiting until camp and seeing who gets hurt.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I seriously don't understand why Arizona didn't go after McCarron.

Like what the **** is a tandem of Bradford and Glennon going to do for you? Pay McCarron since you have the cap room and then roll the dice on Lamar Jackson. Let Jackson sit for a year behind the former.

At least then you have a shred of hope going forward.

Reactions: Voight

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Matt Longacre is an interesting RFA. Had 6 sacks and 26 pressures in just 205 snaps (!). Rams put a first right of refusal on him. Any team looking for a value edge rusher should float him a contract.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Some good signings today. Mccarron probably goes to Buffalo and they use an early pick on their QB of the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland