2018 MLB schedules are out

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Feel free to post, compare, and contrast, getting posted online.

Here are the Cubs and White Sox schedules:

DJiS3dRX0AERbk3.jpg:large

DJiRdJNUQAAcWgN.jpg

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Can't have a picture of the D-backs that is in a normal jpeg or gif file. They're on home to start the season (which is on a Thursday, for some reason) but close the season at San Diego. They host the Redbirds on the 4th.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Nice to see the schedule makers actually do a decent job with Oakland for once. No ridiculous @Sea then @ Tor then @ Tb type road trips. Their miles traveled go from 54k to 42 k.

Also get a road trip where they get to play Texas and Houston on the same trip! One of the selling points for when they moved Houston to the al west and it only took 5 years!

IslesFan2017

May 29, 2017
Nice to see the schedule makers actually do a decent job with Oakland for once. No ridiculous @Sea then @ Tor then @ Tb type road trips. Their miles traveled go from 54k to 42 k.

Also get a road trip where they get to play Texas and Houston on the same trip! One of the selling points for when they moved Houston to the al west and it only took 5 years!

Besides my team, I always check the schedules of the Mariners, A's, and Angels to see if they get any trips where they play Texas and Houston back-to-back, and apparently all three teams get at least one trip where they will play two series in Texas consecutively. The Mariners get two such trips next season.

Next year, the AL West and NL West play each other in interleague play, so that is probably a huge factor in why the travel miles went down for the A's.

As a fan of a team that is usually in the middle or the bottom of the league in terms of miles traveled, I am glad that the A's received a better schedule for next year.

IslesFan2017

May 29, 2017
DJiUn7BXUAErOMF.jpg:large

19 of 24 on the road from late April-mid May. Not at home on my birthday. :(

Another thing that I noticed from the Brewers schedule is that they don't host the Cardinals after June.

It seems unusual that any team would not host another division rival at least once during late August/September when typically division games are played.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
IMO the defending champs should always open the season at home, just like in other sports. That's why I've never been a fan of MLB releasing next season's schedule during the current season. But it doesn't really bother me. I've just wondered why they don't work on it during the offseason.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
IMO the defending champs should always open the season at home, just like in other sports. That's why I've never been a fan of MLB releasing next season's schedule during the current season. But it doesn't really bother me. I've just wondered why they don't work on it during the offseason.

With a 2,430-game schedule, it would be impossible to get that schedule out right. MLB has regularly announced the future schedule in the previous season, so it would be impossible for the new World Season winner to know for sure that they would open at home for the new season.

Reactions: IslesFan2017

IslesFan2017

May 29, 2017
I agree. It would be too much altering and tinkering of a previously approved schedule to ensure that the World Series champion will open at home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad