GDT: 2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
If they hold on, could this be the turning point in their season?

it might be, remember in 2015 when nats were at 9-13 and nats came back down by 10 in atlanta with a dan uggla 3 run homer in top 9 to win 13-12. then won 20 of 25 after that. but who knows

also sounds like they getting strasburg, wieters and zimmerman back next week and joe ross close to his first rehab start

Sep 19, 2008
it might be, remember in 2015 when nats were at 9-13 and nats came back down by 10 in atlanta with a dan uggla 3 run homer in top 9 to win 13-12. then won 20 of 25 after that. but who knows

also sounds like they getting strasburg, wieters and zimmerman back next week and joe ross close to his first rehab start

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
baseball is a weird game. nats go from a possibly very deflating loss after a players only meeting, to an epic comeback and a possible braves loss gives them a game in standings

i dont know what tomorrow will bring for the nats but a loss tonight would have crushed them

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
It just seems funny to hear. Like, “but we made it to Game 5!”

I’m sorry but there’s too much talent, and there has been for years, to not win a playoff series.

I agree completely. I lived in the DC area for many years. Most of my family are die-hard Nats fans. But I think a big, and I mean big problem with the Nationals, is that they, their fan base, and their media, think and act like they're much, much better than they actually are.

Like you said, they've had tremendous talent for years. Arguably one of the widest and longest lasting championship windows in sports, let alone baseball. One of the weakest divisions in baseball. And they've done nothing with it. Zero playoff series wins, let alone a pennant or WS.

But if you listen to their TV guys, or the DC media, or their front office, (I used to listen to Rizzo's weekly bit on the sports radio), you'd think they were the 27 Yankees the way they talk and act, instead of arguably the most overrated and underachieving team in baseball the last few years. It's incredible how this team, with the talent it has, has found so many ways to lose in the postseason, esp. at home. Rizzo for all his accolades has yet to make a bold move or acquisition at a trade deadline to get them that final piece...or bottom line to put a team together that can win something in October.

Now that other teams in the division are getting better, their road is getting harder and will continue to do so. I don't think rallying to beat the sad-sack Marlins is going to turn their season around. They have too many other issues ongoing. And it's sad cause with them hosting the ASG, all the talk will be rightfully how Harper doesn't deserve to be there....

Reactions: N o o d l e s

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I agree completely. I lived in the DC area for many years. Most of my family are die-hard Nats fans. But I think a big, and I mean big problem with the Nationals, is that they, their fan base, and their media, think and act like they're much, much better than they actually are.

Like you said, they've had tremendous talent for years. Arguably one of the widest and longest lasting championship windows in sports, let alone baseball. One of the weakest divisions in baseball. And they've done nothing with it. Zero playoff series wins, let alone a pennant or WS.

But if you listen to their TV guys, or the DC media, or their front office, (I used to listen to Rizzo's weekly bit on the sports radio), you'd think they were the 27 Yankees the way they talk and act, instead of arguably the most overrated and underachieving team in baseball the last few years. It's incredible how this team, with the talent it has, has found so many ways to lose in the postseason, esp. at home. Rizzo for all his accolades has yet to make a bold move or acquisition at a trade deadline to get them that final piece...or bottom line to put a team together that can win something in October.

Now that other teams in the division are getting better, their road is getting harder and will continue to do so. I don't think rallying to beat the sad-sack Marlins is going to turn their season around. They have too many other issues ongoing. And it's sad cause with them hosting the ASG, all the talk will be rightfully how Harper doesn't deserve to be there....

I'm not saying that Bryce deserves to make it (and start for that matter), but he's 7th among NL outfielders in OPS, and he's 1st in homers. His WAR sucks because his defensive rating hasn't been good. Sure, his average leaves a lot to be desired, but batting average is overrated anyway.

And yeah, the Nationals had so many chances. They blew them all. I think they had a six run lead in Game 5 against the Cardinals one year, and they blew that game.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

Spot on. It’s more disappointing than anything because I like Washington. But idk how their fans can make any excuses. They haven’t won a series! Often times as the highest seed! Not talking pennant...an opening, best of five, series

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Joey Bats single handedly trying to tip the balance of justice that was once weighed against the horror of Adrian Gonzalez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad