2018 HFJets Awards Voting Thread (PM me your votes)

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Alright fam, as promised at the start of the season, here is the 2018 HFJets Awards voting thread. In order to save tree's on paper ballots please PM Me your picks for each of the award categories listed below. Voting will stay open until next Sunday. May 27th, 2018. I will show the winner as well as the next two runners up for each category if there is any.

The Len Kropioski Memorial Trophy

Awarded to the teams most valuable overall player during the regular season.

The Teppo Numminen Trophy
Awarded to the teams most valuable defencemen during the regular season.

The Dougie Smail Trophy
Awarded to the teams forward who demonstrates the most skill in the defensive component of the game.

The Teemu Selanne Trophy
Awarded to the player selected as the most proficient in their first year of competition for the Winnipeg Jets.
* Minimum of 41 games played, no more than 25 games played in any other season. Only eligible if under 26 years old.

The Alexei Zhamnov Trophy
Awarded to the Winnipeg Jets prospect (not playing with the Jets) selected as most proficient in the current season of their respective league.
*Includes all European leagues, AHL, NCAA, all CHL leagues and USHL (includes NTDP).

The Hotline Trophy
Awarded to the teams most valuable player in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

The Lars-Erik "Little General" Sjoberg Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the Winnipeg Jets player who has demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities both on and off the ice.

The Rick Rypien Memorial Award
Awarded to a Winnipeg Jets player for their commitment to the community through charitable involvement, school, hospital and community visits and other philanthropic endeavors.

The Dan Snyder Memorial Award
Awarded to the player who best embodies perseverance, dedication, and hard work without reward or recognition, so that his team and teammates might succeed.

The Veli-Pekka Ketola Trophy
Awarded to the player exhibiting the most significant "sleeper" traits for development of the game throughout the course of the season.

The Bobby Kromm Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the Winnipeg Jets staff member (coaching & management included) who is the most valuable to the team during the course of the season.

The Lee Stempniak Trophy
Awarded to the best trade or signing made by Winnipeg Jets management for the current season.
*Eligibility starts July 1st of that year and ends at the trade deadline of that season.

The Dave Babych Trophy
Awarded to the worst trade or signing made by Winnipeg Jets management for the current season. (hopefully we never have to give this one out.)
*Eligibility starts July 1st of that year and ends at the trade deadline of that season.

The Francois St.Laurent Trophy
Awarded to the worst call made against the Winnipeg Jets during the regular season or playoffs by incompetent reffing.

The EK9 Tracksuit Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the biggest story of the current Winnipeg Jets season.

3MOy9Ft.gif

The HFJets Rally Beaver Award

The Rally Beaver was an avatar meme started as a rallying cry during the Jets improbable run to the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Rally Beaver Award is awarded to the HFJets poster recognized as contributing the most to the HFJets community during the current season.

The Perverted Sickism Award
Awarded to the best GDT of the Season.
* Best single GDT, not best GDT maker, so choose your favourite GDT of the year.

*******And last but not least send in your choice for a new award if you have any ideas or if you think a current award should have a name change. I will choose a good one to add/change to the list of awards. Serious comments only please. Do not send in things that violate site rules.*******

I will not accept non-Jets fans votes. Trust me I will know if you are a Jets fan.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Cut the number of awards from 17 to 7 and it is possible more users will be inclined to take the time to complete the task. Right now there are almost as many awards as there are players on the team.

Reactions: Jets88

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Cut the number of awards from 17 to 7 and it is possible more users will be inclined to take the time to complete the task. Right now there are almost as many awards as there are players on the team.

It really only takes about 5 minutes. If writing down your picks for 17 awards is such a daunting task then there really is no hope for humanity left. Some people probably take more time than this to write their facebook status'.

I've gotten 8 voters so far. 9 if you count me.

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
I can't find the option to PM lol, do I start a conversation? I'm headin out but I will vote tonight if I can figure out how to computer by then

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I can't find the option to PM lol, do I start a conversation? I'm headin out but I will vote tonight if I can figure out how to computer by then

Beside my username their is a little arrow if you click that and then click "Start New Conversation" it will go into the PM screen. Just make sure you copy the awards and just write your picks underneath.

Last edited:

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
It really only takes about 5 minutes. If writing down your picks for 17 awards is such a daunting task then there really is no hope for humanity left. Some people probably take more time than this to write their facebook status'.

I've gotten 8 voters so far. 9 if you count me.

For me, time isn't the issue. Too many awards lowers the clout each one carries. I'll vote for the 7 awards that I think are most important before the deadline, if you'll accept my ballot in that format.

Hope for humanity does not apply to me, but please accept my abnormalities.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
For me, time isn't the issue. Too many awards lowers the clout each one carries. I'll vote for the 7 awards that I think are most important before the deadline, if you'll accept my ballot in that format.

Hope for humanity does not apply to me, but please accept my abnormalities.

If you only want to vote for 7 that is fine. Some have been abstaining from a few of the awards.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Keep getting those votes in guys. Have until saturday night/a little into sunday morning to get them in!

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Wish I had time today but my votes will be coming in late tonight Dax. Thanks for putting this together.

Reactions: Daximus

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Only a few more hours before I tally all the votes guys!! I'll be shutting voting down in 4 hours.

Packofwolves

Nov 5, 2017
Alright fam, as promised at the start of the season, here is the 2018 HFJets Awards voting thread. In order to save tree's on paper ballots please PM Me your picks for each of the award categories listed below. Voting will stay open until next Sunday. May 27th, 2018. I will show the winner as well as the next two runners up for each category if there is any.

The Len Kropioski Memorial Trophy

Awarded to the teams most valuable overall player during the regular season.
Wheeler
The Teppo Numminen Trophy
Awarded to the teams most valuable defencemen during the regular season.
Morrissey

The Dougie Smail Trophy
Awarded to the teams forward who demonstrates the most skill in the defensive component of the game.
Lowrt
The Teemu Selanne Trophy
Awarded to the player selected as the most proficient in their first year of competition for the Winnipeg Jets.
* Minimum of 41 games played, no more than 25 games played in any other season. Only eligible if under 26 years old.
Conner

The Alexei Zhamnov Trophy
Awarded to the Winnipeg Jets prospect (not playing with the Jets) selected as most proficient in the current season of their respective league.
*Includes all European leagues, AHL, NCAA, all CHL leagues and USHL (includes NTDP).

Vas
The Hotline Trophy
Awarded to the teams most valuable player in the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Scheifele

The Lars-Erik "Little General" Sjoberg Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the Winnipeg Jets player who has demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities both on and off the ice.
Wheeler
The Rick Rypien Memorial Award
Awarded to a Winnipeg Jets player for their commitment to the community through charitable involvement, school, hospital and community visits and other philanthropic endeavors.

The Dan Snyder Memorial Award
Awarded to the player who best embodies perseverance, dedication, and hard work without reward or recognition, so that his team and teammates might succeed.

The Veli-Pekka Ketola Trophy
Awarded to the player exhibiting the most significant "sleeper" traits for development of the game throughout the course of the season.

The Bobby Kromm Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the Winnipeg Jets staff member (coaching & management included) who is the most valuable to the team during the course of the season.
Chevandale
The Lee Stempniak Trophy
Awarded to the best trade or signing made by Winnipeg Jets management for the current season.

Stastnay
The Dave Babych Trophy
Awarded to the worst trade or signing made by Winnipeg Jets management for the current season. (hopefully we never have to give this one out.)
Mason
The Francois St.Laurent Trophy
Awarded to the worst call made against the Winnipeg Jets during the regular season or playoffs by incompetent reffing.

The EK9 Tracksuit Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the biggest story of the current Winnipeg Jets season.
getting to round 3

3MOy9Ft.gif

The HFJets Rally Beaver Award

The Rally Beaver was an avatar meme started as a rallying cry during the Jets improbable run to the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Rally Beaver Award is awarded to the HFJets poster recognized as contributing the most to the HFJets community during the current season.

The Perverted Sickism Award
Awarded to the best GDT of the Season.
* Best single GDT, not best GDT maker, so choose your favourite GDT of the year.
Zam

*******And last but not least send in your choice for a new award if you have any ideas or if you think a current award should have a name change. I will choose a good one to add/change to the list of awards. Serious comments only please. Do not send in things that violate site rules.*******

I will not accept non-Jets fans votes. Trust me I will know if you are a Jets fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad