• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
The regular poll was inconclusive, so let's do a tiebreaker:

Which USNTDP defenseman would you want the Devils to draft, Bode Wilde or K'Andre Miller? Poll remains open for 24 hours.

In case of a perfect tie, tie goes to the player ranked higher by consensus lists (Wilde).

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Would be happy with either, but I think I'd give a slight edge to Wilde. Something about a forward converted defenseman makes me a tad uneasy.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I actually changed my vote from Wilde to Miller. I guess I have to follow what I had posted earlier in another thread though... If you have two equal options, go for the position of need.

My only concern is that we have quantity on the left and quality on the right. We've been stockpiling prospective LHD, and hopefully at some point one of them is going to really hit. Meanwhile, after Vats, Severson, Santini, and Lovejoy, we're pretty barren on the right, at least until Walsh gets his shot. On top of that, Santini is relatively unproven, and Lovejoy's most likely gone after next season at the latest.

Hmm... maybe I just talked myself into Wilde, and hoping Butcher/Yakolev/Sissions/some UFA/SOMEONE steps up to handle 1LHD.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Brett Burns was able to do it

Not saying it's impossible or that others haven't been successful in that transition. Just that if given the choice, I'd stick with the guy that's played the position longer. Again, I'd be happy with both but if I had to choose it would be Wilde.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
No, he was a converted forward in his draft year. Not that I'm trying to compare Miller directly to Gelinas. I would be happy with Miller, but I think Wilde's more mobile and skilled.

Ah interesting, that slipped my mind. But yeah, Gelinas was just bad. No awareness at all. I've read that Miller at least shows some comptenacy there, his lack of experience just shows sometimes.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I thought it was the opposite. I thought Buff was always a D but played wing at the NHL level for a while.

Hm maybe lol

I thought he started out as a forward with the Blackhawks then transitioned to defense but I'm not too sure. Either way, a positional change is hard. Not impossible to overcome but it's definitely noteworthy when deciding between these two.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Hm maybe lol

I thought he started out as a forward with the Blackhawks then transitioned to defense but I'm not too sure. Either way, a positional change is hard. Not impossible to overcome but it's definitely noteworthy when deciding between these two.

id guess its easier to move from D to F….. reason being the positioning and backwards skating and being less likely to be affect the game negatively

experience in playing soccer i would never see a forward fill in for a defender in short spells but i personally have played in the striker role as a left D (as have other defenders on the club)

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Ah interesting, that slipped my mind. But yeah, Gelinas was just bad. No awareness at all. I've read that Miller at least shows some comptenacy there, his lack of experience just shows sometimes.
Ya and from the sounds of it Miller plays a pretty smart game. I actually see the lack of experience aspect as room for growth as opposed to cause for concern. As long as Miller has shown solid growth at the position since the switch then I'm all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad