• D Smith Ty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D Wilde Bode

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Well, that is all encouraging, especially that he plays big minutes and was the second best backwards skater at the prospects event. Changing my vote to him.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
for me, and this doesn't mean any of us on here know what the hell we are talking about..hahaha, but this draft has a really great top 8, then a drop off...and it is pretty obvious from the results a lot of people feel this way. again, a lot of votes are made on a kid they haven't watched over others they haven't watched, but based off of everything known, us staying in the top 8 is massive IMO.

the picks 9 and 10 are going to be good players, guys like Dobson, Farabee, Hayton, Smith, etc all right there as well...just much happier knowing we can land one of these top 8 studs without having to trade to move up.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
for me, and this doesn't mean any of us on here know what the hell we are talking about..hahaha, but this draft has a really great top 8, then a drop off...and it is pretty obvious from the results a lot of people feel this way. again, a lot of votes are made on a kid they haven't watched over others they haven't watched, but based off of everything known, us staying in the top 8 is massive IMO.

the picks 9 and 10 are going to be good players, guys like Dobson, Farabee, Hayton, Smith, etc all right there as well...just much happier knowing we can land one of these top 8 studs without having to trade to move up.

Maybe I am the only one by Hayton scared me as a prospect.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Bouchard. The future D core the hawks could have if all goes well is making me drool

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Maybe I am the only one by Hayton scared me as a prospect.
he has a lower ceiling offensively, and isn't an ideal top 10 pick for me either, but I think he makes it to the NHL pretty quickly as his game translates nicely. Just expect a Ryan Kesler like development path IMO, low offensive numbers at first but plays with energy and high IQ away from the puck. Weak draft at center, him and Veleno are going to go higher than they should by a few picks..

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think the drop off is earlier than 8.

interested to hear your take as well...

obviously there is a drop after #1, then again after 4 though much smaller...but from picks 5-9 it will be a total crap shoot as I can see a case for every player listed that was picked 5,6,7, and then Bouchard and Dobson to be taken anywhere from 5-9...

Last edited:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
interested to hear your take as well...

obviously there is a drop after #1, then again after 4 though much smaller...but from picks 5-9 it will be a total crap shoot as I can see a case for every player listed that was picked 5,6,7, and then Bouchard and Dobson to be taken anywhere from 5-9...
yeah kind of what I meant. Obviously I didn't mean the drop from 1-2. I just mean that I think 3-12 are all about this same this year. They all have their deficiencies. Kotkaniemi is talented but soft. Tkachuk has not impressed and is a whole hockey year older than these kids. People forget that. Boqvist has been sloppy in his own zone, Bouchard isn't a good skater. Hughes is small. Dobson plays in the Q and its harder to evaluate. I think everybody has a problem

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
yeah kind of what I meant. Obviously I didn't mean the drop from 1-2. I just mean that I think 3-12 are all about this same this year. They all have their deficiencies.

Yeah, this is what I figured you meant. Basically it's Dahlin sitting alone, and then the rest of the top 8 are fairly equal as far as prospects go, at least from everything I've read/heard. Obviously some are better than others at things, and some are worse at things, but this is one of the first times where I've seen so many mock drafts have so many different orders throughout the top 8 as it seems many of these players are interchangeable in that section of the draft.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
yeah kind of what I meant. Obviously I didn't mean the drop from 1-2. I just mean that I think 3-12 are all about this same this year. They all have their deficiencies. Kotkaniemi is talented but soft. Tkachuk has not impressed and is a whole hockey year older than these kids. People forget that. Boqvist has been sloppy in his own zone, Bouchard isn't a good skater. Hughes is small. Dobson plays in the Q and its harder to evaluate. I think everybody has a problem

I would personally argue that Svechnikov is B if Dahlin is A and the rest are C. Just my opinion. I think he's in the 2nd tier by himself and then the 3rd tier is the remaining 10 or so picks that you can debate about.

Reactions: TLEH

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
A lot of the mock drafts on the internet show the Hawks getting Hughes or Wahlstrom. Hard to imagine Detroit doesn't take Hughes. Hawks will get a great player regardless just don't move that pick.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
A lot of the mock drafts on the internet show the Hawks getting Hughes or Wahlstrom. Hard to imagine Detroit doesn't take Hughes. Hawks will get a great player regardless just don't move that pick.
Move the pick. Trade up for Hughes. There's no likely combination of players they could take at #8 and #27 that would be better than Hughes.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Move the pick. Trade up for Hughes. There's no likely combination of players they could take at #8 and #27 that would be better than Hughes.

I disagree. Bouchard or Wahlstom both are right there. I am a huge Hughes fan but all 3 would be good.

Enrico Ciccone

May 7, 2018
Canada
I don't see Wahlstrom being available, and imo Bouchard isn't worth an 8th pick.
I think Bouchard is a great prospect but to each their own. I would love Hughes as well but there seems to be too many Detroit connections with him to get to us. Boqvist is unreal as well. Watching him at the U18s really showed his pure skill and potential.
Im not a scout though and every time I start watching some of these prospects I seem to have a new favourite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad