Injury Report: 2018-2019

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Is it strange that Juulsen hasn’t been given a timeline to return? All I’ve seen is out indefinitely.

A shame as he’s looked like our second best Dman. Would have been nice to have him Petry and Weber all in the lineup.

How long do facial fractures typically take?

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
I feel that since Byron is injured, the team seems to have unstable performances. Same for Armia who’s bringing size, grit and a forchecking presence. The loss of these 2 player compromise greatly our chances to make the playoffs.

Is Agostino filling the hole? Not really. Is Hudon stepping up? Nope.

Juulsen injury is unfortunate and right now our D staff are playing above their skillset. Weber returning to play might solve the problem but there is nothing sure. He’s aging and coming back from an injury isn’t the same like if he were 22.

All in all, let’s hold hands an pray together to remain healthy until the end of the regular season

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

With Byron returning, I would send Agostino back to Laval as he is nearing the expiration of his waiver exemption. If he plays two more games (or surpasses 30 days, which is December 7th), he will have to go through waivers again in order to be sent back down to Laval. Any time before that, he can be sent back without any waivers.

There should be moves coming for Weber and Byron, don't like them calling up Kulak and benching Reilly as it really hurts Laval but they got to send a defensemen down to Laval by Tuesday, thought they would do it today so that said player could have played in today's game but perhaps they are working on a trade instead or wanted to wait and make sure Weber is good to go.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Is it strange that Juulsen hasn’t been given a timeline to return? All I’ve seen is out indefinitely.

A shame as he’s looked like our second best Dman. Would have been nice to have him Petry and Weber all in the lineup.

4 weeks

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Deslauriers was also out indefinitely with a facial fracture and he was out from September 18th and returned on October 20th, which was four weeks. But facial fractures aren't all the same. It may end up taking Juulsen more time to be healed enough to be cleared.

Jul 6, 2016
There should be moves coming for Weber and Byron, don't like them calling up Kulak and benching Reilly as it really hurts Laval but they got to send a defensemen down to Laval by Tuesday, thought they would do it today so that said player could have played in today's game but perhaps they are working on a trade instead or wanted to wait and make sure Weber is good to go.

They already send down Alzner and Mete to Laval. That's fair enough.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
should be hearing something on Armia at some point. updated for the Hillis injury and hopefully we hear some good news on Ikonen soon.
Also Romanov is someone to keep on eye on as he was taken out of the pre-tourney match vs USA. I believe he may have tweaked something from his injury in the last KHL game he played in.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Thanks, just found the same information.

Andrew Shaw (neck) hasn't returned to the ice yet, but he has been doing off-ice workouts. Shaw does not have a timetable for his return. He hasn't played since Dec. 31 due to a neck injury.

Jan 14 - 11:45 AM
Source: Renaud Lavoie on Twitter

Reactions: 26Mats

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
waiting for updates on McCarron who we should know soon if he's out for the season as he's getting a 2nd opinion. Evans it sounds like he'll be back next weekend vs the Marlies. Still no word on Juulsen, Shaw.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Regarding injuries...and a prospect named Connor Crisp. I watched a news article on the National last night, this kid is still suffering side effects of concussions. Didn't realize he wasn't even playing anymore...24 yrs old and is done with hockey. This kid was poised to make the Habs, and then got concussed. Could have been a good one??

After watching the update on his health, hard not to feel bad for this kid, and his family.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Regarding injuries...and a prospect named Connor Crisp. I watched a news article on the National last night, this kid is still suffering side effects of concussions. Didn't realize he wasn't even playing anymore...24 yrs old and is done with hockey. This kid was poised to make the Habs, and then got concussed. Could have been a good one??

After watching the update on his health, hard not to feel bad for this kid, and his family.

concussions suck so badly not just for hockey of course but really hoping they can find a way to improve helmets and whatever other ways they can find to avoid TBI. I know the NFL has been working with a doctor from the Roskamp Institute on TBI as they have an alkaloid found in many plants called anatabine and have researched it's uses towards TBI by lowering inflammation in the brain among other things like Alzheimer’s, hemorrhoids, Cron's, some types of cancer, etc...

Reactions: BLONG7

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

Concussions are the biggest health concern in modern sports that's for sure...I hope he can fully recover and live a healthy life.

I will always remember him for playing as a goalie in junior , he made some cute saves but they got dominated :laugh:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad