Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
If that happens though they'd need to probably go back to Kuhlman with Krejci. Don't think someone like Wagner should be playing on the 2nd line.
This sounds good to me. Kuhlman could play on the right side with MJ/CC too... Love Wagner but he doesn't have that kind of game.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
None of Wagner, Acciari, Nordström or Kuraly should be anywhere else but the 4th line. They're good in their role, but can't be used in a scoring role when playing in division finals.

Reactions: Estlin

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
For game 3

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Debrusk Krejci Kuhlman
Mojo Coyle Backes
Wagner Acciari Kuraly

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Grz Moore/Clifton

Rask

Pastrnak needs to sit a game either to give more time to heal his hand or just sit for playing incredibly poor. The way he has played recently is unacceptable.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
For game 3

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Debrusk Krejci Kuhlman
Mojo Coyle Backes
Wagner Acciari Kuraly

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Grz Moore/Clifton

Rask

Pastrnak needs to sit a game either to give more time to heal his hand or just sit for playing incredibly poor. The way he has played recently is unacceptable.

This will never happen.

Reactions: Blowfish

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I think it might be time to talk about Pasta being replaced.

I know he is trying to contribute and is putting up points, but his giveaways are numerous and it's easy to defend against him.

He has no power and little control with his stick. Can't shoot, barely pass, can't keep control of the puck when pressured. Whack his stick and he loses the puck, very easy to play against right now.

Treat the hand, put in Kuhlman on the Krejci line, give Backes a shot on the Coyle line.

I think Bergy, Krejci, and DeBrusk are also playing hurt. But at least they are not causing most of the problems right now that we are seeing. Pasta's issues are glaring.

Besides, who are we going to put in at C to replace either Krejci or Bergeron? Move up Coyle for certain, but have two 4th lines again? Call up Frederick? I'm not sure he is ready for this yet...

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
For game 3

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Debrusk Krejci Kuhlman
Mojo Coyle Backes
Wagner Acciari Kuraly

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Grz Moore/Clifton

Rask

Woof. Sitting an elite talent like Pastrnak is and will always be an awful suggestion. He shouldn't play if he's seriously injured. That's it.

Suggesting this is such a fan panic move. Thank God Bruce doesn't do half the stuff said on this site.

Reactions: The National

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I think it might be time to talk about Pasta being replaced.

I know he is trying to contribute and is putting up points, but his giveaways are numerous and it's easy to defend against him.

He has no power and little control with his stick. Can't shoot, barely pass, can't keep control of the puck when pressured. Whack his stick and he loses the puck, very easy to play against right now.

Treat the hand, put in Kuhlman on the Krejci line, give Backes a shot on the Coyle line.

I think Bergy, Krejci, and DeBrusk are also playing hurt. But at least they are not causing most of the problems right now that we are seeing. Pasta's issues are glaring.

Besides, who are we going to put in at C to replace either Krejci or Bergeron? Move up Coyle for certain, but have two 4th lines again? Call up Frederick? I'm not sure he is ready for this yet...
IMO you can not bench neither remove Pastrnak from the line up. Plus he played his better look in overtime. He needs to adapte his game to PO imo. He has less time and needs in my pov to simplify his game and shoot from everywhere. Pastrnak will come through, i just beleive going head to head with the Panain line Pastrnak needs to be replace as they did by Heinen. 88 with Coyle and more physical player with lesser opponent force might be the solution. I would try it.

Reactions: Flannelman

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
For game 3

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Debrusk Krejci Kuhlman
Mojo Coyle Backes
Wagner Acciari Kuraly

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Grz Moore/Clifton

Rask

Very off

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Backes can hit and we could use that but not on the 3rd line. He is too slow and will anchor down Coyle to being useless. Put Backes on the 4th line, move Kuraly up, he has speed.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I am very concern with the physical aspect that Columnus will bring in Columbus. Boston were getting hit furiously in Boston. We need size in Columbus.. it is going to be a war and Boston will herit most of the bombs throwing in that game

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I am very concern with the physical aspect that Columnus will bring in Columbus. Boston were getting hit furiously in Boston. We need size in Columbus.. it is going to be a war and Boston will herit most of the bombs throwing in that game

Bruins also hit Columbus hard

Np...this is playoff hockey

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Columbus physicality is overblown. If it mattered so much maybe they would have been better than the 8 seed.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Boston outhit them in the first with big popping hits but Columbus definitely won the overall battle yesterday because their bigger guys controlled the boards.

Reactions: nords1995

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Marchand - Bergeron - Kuhlman/DeBrusk
Heinen - Krejci - Pastrnak
Johansson - Coyle - DeBrusk/Kuhlman
Kuraly - Acciari - Nordstrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events