Prospect Info: 2018-2019 General Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Is Sokolov elligible to sign after his OHL season is over? He had his little 2-game ATO with Iowa last year, though if Barrie goes far in the playoffs I imagine it's a moot point.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I saw a tweet the other day talking about Shaw getting ready to return to his team. Not sure of the timeline of that but would be nice to get a little work in at the end of the season here.
He's listed as being part of an AJHL team now? Sounds like a longshot NHL'er, but had a monster year last year. Hopefully he has grown a bit? Some kids stop growing at 15. others don't stop till they're 19.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
He's listed as being part of an AJHL team now? Sounds like a longshot NHL'er, but had a monster year last year. Hopefully he has grown a bit? Some kids stop growing at 15. others don't stop till they're 19.

He's part of the system reserve, since that's where he played in Junior A. Not sure if he's making it back to Medicine Hat this season but he's not playing for Lloydminster.

It would be nice to get an update on this kid from someone with more info though. He's an excellent prospect. Since we just saw Seeler make the show despite a year off, we can hope Shaw's rehab and off-ice recovery allows him to do the same.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He looks to have some skills that would be enticing. Very heady passer. I'm not too worried about the knees. The surgery is so good these days. I've heard he is fast, but it wasn't too evident on the clips i saw.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
I really don't understand why a team with virtually no future in net post Dubnyk wouldn't be harder after what seems to be their best goalie prospect.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I really don't understand why a team with virtually no future in net post Dubnyk wouldn't be harder after what seems to be their best goalie prospect.
I'm not sure we really know what sort of contact the two have had. I will say that Minnesota presents a pretty good opportunity to see playing time in the NHL in the next few seasons, behind a very good defense to boot. We seem like a decent team to sign with even as a free agent.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
so we have michalek ; stezka & kaapo k as prospect goalies? anybody stealing the show? ps the 18 draft if we get a mid teens 1st pick im looking at ryan mcleod. just ok #'s but has size & speed , our next zucker!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
so we have michalek ; stezka & kaapo k as prospect goalies? anybody stealing the show? ps the 18 draft if we get a mid teens 1st pick im looking at ryan mcleod. just ok #'s but has size & speed , our next zucker!

Don't forget Vey (I think they cut bait on him) and Baribeau. I'm meh about the lot of them, but goalies are strange in how they develop.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
If i had to rank them in my non professional opinion I'd go Michalek, Kappo, Baribeau, then Stezka. Michalek cause he's the closest to being ready an proven the most (ahl), Kappo because it's been awhile since we had a goal scoring threat from the back end (that and his professional resume), Neither Baribeau or Stezka move the meter for me but as people have said goalies are weird with their development.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
Kappo also looks to be having his best professional season to date in the Liiga. 2.13 and a .925 in 53 games. Would have to think he's given a look this year if he wants to come over.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Loving Stalock as a backup, but would like to see someone step up as a alternative #1G in a year or so.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Name Save percentage league
Kahkonen-925 Liiga
Michalek-908 AHL
Vay-907 ECHL
Baribeau-892 QMJHL
Stezka-858 Czech

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Easier to sell Kahkonen on a quicker route to the NHL now that Kuemper is gone. 1-2 AHL years, then, if deserved, 1-2 NHL backup years. Then the inside track to the starter job.

Reactions: Bazeek

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Pronman's latest article from The Athletic

Minnesota: Nick Swaney, RW
I was watching Minnesota-Duluth for some other players, but my eye kept getting drawn to the Wild’s seventh-round pick from 2017. I don’t think Swaney is going to be a game-breaker by any means, but he can make plays on both special teams, is smart, has decent skills and speed, and overall looks like a real reliable hockey player for his coach to deploy. He’s producing well as a freshman, albeit an older freshman, and is on my mind now going forward.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad