2018-2019 AUS Thread

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
SMU 2-1 over UNB in ot.
The two best teams in the AUS went back at it for the second time in a week.
Fast paced game, featuring lots of skill. SMU impressed me, matching UNB's pace for most of the game.
They also played without Repaci, who is another a big part of their offence.
Acadia, second straight weekend without a point, can't see them getting into the top 3.

All indications are that SMU and UNB will be the top two teams in the AUS. X had dropped a little. Acadia has been surprisingly bad. Although they should turn things around to at least place fourth.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Both games were awesome. I can see them 1-2 this year. Not sure that I'd call Acadia "bad". They have 10 new skaters who have yet to figure it out. Losing to UPEI is not a big deal. Losing by that score perhaps is. UPEI won against SMU by playing a great road game. They have a decent team and won't roll over for anyone.
Acadia has beaten SFX, even if it's just by 1 goal.
It is up to the Acadia coaching staff to right the ship. They have a chance to do that when they play DAL on Tuesday. A loss there will have me guessing.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Montpetite shutdown UNB last night. That is what they got him for. To steal those kind of games. Suddenly Moncton is in 4th place. Acadia is in 6th. Didn't expect that at one month in.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
He was definitely on his game last night. Moncton outshot almost double, but get the shootout win.
X starting to find their game as well, with a 2-1 home win over SMU. They have closed the gap a bit on the two leaders (UNB,SMU)
It would be a big advantage to getting a first round bye this year. I would not want to be the team to face Moncton in a short best of three, as Montpetite may be capable of stealing a series.

Reactions: Rob

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
I would not want to be the team to face Moncton in a short best of three, as Montpetite may be capable of stealing a series.

I wouldn't want to play them in a best of 5. If the playoffs were this weekend, UNB would likely play the winner of UdeM/PEI while SMU would play SFX (who would likely defeat Acadia). Not sure that's a bonus for UNB.

UNB's rubber match vs UdeM is Jan. 30th in Moncton - it will be interesting to see if they can win that game big or it's another tight 1-goal game.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
The X-Men now with 6 straight wins, have passed SMU and are now tied with UNB for the league with 16 points.
Both teams (Huskies,Reds) have games in hand. All of St FX wins have been close 1 goal games, except a 2 goal win over Dal, during that stretch.
The Island beat Moncton 3-2 last night to pull even with the Blue Eagles, Acadia get a point from the shootout loss to X, but still another loss for a team that is struggling to say the least!

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
SFX have lost 2 to SMU, have not played UNB yet. And as you pointed out, mostly 1 goal games. Like I did with SMU, I want to see SFX against UNB before I make any decision on them. I still look at UNB as the benchmark in the league. SMU is very close. If SFX can get a 1 goal split with UNB.....

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
So UNB had a 7-1 lead over UPEI in the third period when the power went out during the middle of play. Thankfully no one was hurt.

It will be interesting to see what the rulebook says about an unfinished game.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
I am pretty sure that Forbes was spotted heading to the power room last night. I know he probably wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. And to make matters worse, more than likely the bridge would have been closed to high sided vehicles :( Rough night all around.
You know it is bad when you have almost as many goals as the other team has shots. Just an off night for UPEI, they have been playing well.

Reactions: Rob

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
They are only playing UNB and UdeM, as far as I know. Edmundston has a Maritime Jr A team and draw well, so UdeM, should pack the place since they have a satellite campus there.
Not to mention that I assume that they are playing in the new rink that just opened last year. I have been in it, and it is very nice..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad