2018-19 Ticket Thread **Read OP**

Status
Not open for further replies.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
There needs to be a better market that doesn't have the ridiculous fees that Stubhub or TM has. They basically suck out 30% of the transaction.

It seems like there is either face value here (and what is face value? It fluctuates from day to day and depending on whether you have a package, etc.) or Stub Hub and TM which have huge fees - nothing in between. I would think there could be someone that comes in and cuts the fees in half and competes with the big boys. Can't imagine the overhead being so high.

I always use TickPick to buy tickets because there are no fees from my end as a buyer. I am not sure about the selling fees though.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
How much can one expect to see prices on Ticketmaster/StubHub go down, if at all, if I was to try and play the waiting game to buy tickets for tomorrow? Anyone do the same and wait until yesterday PM to buy tickets and care to say what the prices came down to? Really don't want to spend more than $150ish and was wondering if these prices listed now could come down close to that mark by tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
How much can one expect to see prices on Ticketmaster/StubHub go down, if at all, if I was to try and play the waiting game to buy tickets for tomorrow? Anyone do the same and wait until yesterday PM to buy tickets and care to say if what the prices came down to? Really don't want to spend more than $150ish and was wondering if these prices listed now could come down close to that mark by tomorrow afternoon.

Well you've don't got too much to lose as of now. I got lucky and bought tickets fairly cheap last night, but I would wait if I were you.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Well you've don't got too much to lose as of now. I got lucky and bought tickets fairly cheap last night, but I would wait if I were you.

Appreciate it. I bought tix for yesterday's game on Sunday so I knew I had them and had peace of mind. On the other hand, I feel that if I waited a bit longer I may have been able to have gotten perhaps a better deal. At least that's what I'm hoping to do for tomorrow's game at this point...

Reactions: YearlyLottery

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
How much can one expect to see prices on Ticketmaster/StubHub go down, if at all, if I was to try and play the waiting game to buy tickets for tomorrow? Anyone do the same and wait until yesterday PM to buy tickets and care to say what the prices came down to? Really don't want to spend more than $150ish and was wondering if these prices listed now could come down close to that mark by tomorrow afternoon.

I watched the prices. They dipped considerably compared to the $200+ they were going for earlier. They dropped to $130-140 or so just before puck drop.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I watched the prices. They dipped considerably compared to the $200+ they were going for earlier. They dropped to $130-140 or so just before puck drop.
With the win on Wed and this being a weekend, prices have definitely spiked. At this point, I'd wait it out as they are likely to drop closer to gametime. If you can stomach it, I'd wait until 6:30 or later as prices will inevitably go down by then.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I just pulled up Tickmaster. Man, the Islanders are really going all out here - I guess its no surprise. They only have single tickets left direct from the team (or TM). A last row single is listed at $175 right about now. That's a lot but I guess they have every right to compete with the secondary market.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
There is literally nothing left for this game, this is the 1% of the time where if you waited late you got screwed over. Don't give up now just keep waiting until right before puck drop if you've waited this long already.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
There is literally nothing left for this game, this is the 1% of the time where if you waited late you got screwed over. Don't give up now just keep waiting until right before puck drop if you've waited this long already.
How did the ticket prices do right before the game? I meant to check but got distracted. Too busy honking my horn.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
putting this out there..

If anyone has an extra ticket for the home games in BK for the coming round, I'm in. Cancellations/last minute sickness, etc. I can usually make it last minute (same day notice, not 30 min before puck drop). Can share my goodies. I'm cheap and easy (ask anyone)

xoxo

Gleb2006

Aug 11, 2010
Have 1 extra ticket to game 1. Section 209 row 17 (blue line on side isles shoot twice), selling cheaper than seatgeek/stubhub, pm me

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The people on this board are the best. Many of you have helped me out over the years with snagging tickets, so thank you!

Reactions: The Lighthouse

pjoner

Nov 30, 2005
I have two tickets for sale for Game 2, section 226, row 6. I paid face value ($385) but will take $300 for both.

Last edited:

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Have 5 unobstructed seats in 221, row 15 for tonight (game 2). Face was 170 per, I'll take 100 per from you fine folks though.

Last edited:

pjoner

Nov 30, 2005
I have two tickets for sale for Game 2, section 226, row 6. I paid face value ($385) but will take $280 for both.

pjoner

Nov 30, 2005
I have two tickets for sale for Game 2, section 226, row 6. I paid face value ($385) but will now drop price to $250 for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad