Tkachuk - Backlund - Lindholm
Bennett - Jankowski - Frolik
Klimchuk - Ryan - Czarnik
Brouwer
Lazar

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Gaudreau - Monahan - Neal
Line capable of putting up 100 goals next season.

Shut down line that can still burn you.

Bennett - Jankowski - Ryan
Hoping for continued growth of the kids, not sure if Ryan helps or hurts this.

Frolik - Czarnik - Brouwer
Still defensively capable, and still has the potential for popping in the odd goal.

x Hathaway, Lazar
Both spots are possibly in jeopardy; but better these guys than Foo or Klimchuk eating popcorn.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, now with Neal to play on the offensive line, that slots Lindholm to play on the ultimate shutdown line with Back and Tkachuk. And it also allows Frolik to play on the third line where he probably belongs.

We really have a much improved team this year.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I really hope Tkachuk is not used on a shutdown line.

We need his offense and not him being held back by defensive assignments.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don’t see Neal not playing with Monahan and Johnny. Neal is here to score goals. That topline is going pile up goals.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Gaudreau - Monahan - Neal
Bennett - Ryan - Brouwer
Frolik - Jankowski - Czarnik
Shore

Gio - Brodie
Hanifin - Hamonic
Kulak - Andersson
Prout

1. Yes, I have Brouwer on the 3rd line. I'd like to see how he does under Peters, and I think he's a better option for that line.
2. I don't like the idea of Frolik on the 4th line, but I think he'd fit well with Jankowski and Czarnik, and this would give the Flames a strong 4th line that can not only handle defensive minutes, but also provide offense.
3. I think Stone will be moved. Andersson seems ready, and I think Prout will be our #7. Cap space from moving Stone will be used for a backup/1B goalie.
4. I still think Shore will be signed as the 13th forward.
5. I think Ryan is the 3C. I doubt Peters brings him in to play a limited 4th line role. Ice-time will be a bit more even though, so the 4th line really isn't a "4th line".

Last edited:

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
I'm really interested in what the power play units will look like next year, cause Peters said they plan on using Czarnik in there and Ryan's been mentioned as a guy who can play both special teams and then with the inclusion of Neal too.
My best guess would be:

1st unit:
Tkachuk-Gaudreau-Monahan-Neal/Lindholm-Hanafin

2nd unit:
Backlund-Bennett-Czarnik-Neal/Lindholm-Giordano

And then a bunch of other guys who can fill in:
Frolik, Ryan, Jankowski, Brouwer (if in the right spot), Brodie

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
With the Neal signing I would like to see:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Neal
Tkachuk-Lindholm-Bennett
Frolik-Backlund-Ryan
Mangiapane-Jankowski-Lazar

Ideally they re-sign Shore to replace Mangiapane or Jankowski on the 4th line but I highly doubt that happens.

At this point if Brouwer plays this year even if we have injuries I think someone needs to be fired immediately.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Neal
Bennett-Jankowski-Frolik
Dube-Ryan-Brouwer
Lazar/Czarnik

Gio-Brodie
Hanifin-Hamonic
Kulak-Andersson
Prout

Smith/Gillies

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Tkachuk-Bennett-Neal
Gaudreau-Jankowski-Lindholm
Monahan-Backlund-Czarnik
Mangiapane-Ryan-Frolik or even Frolik-Ryan-Lazar/Brouwer

This team would be unstoppable if these were our lines.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Honestly if you weren't so dead set on separating Monahan and Gaudreau those wouldn't be bad lines.

I'm not dead set on separating Monahan and Gaudreau. I'd love to see a Gaudreau-Jankowski-Monahan line but then we'd have to try a guy like Czarnik or Lindholm on the left side with Backlund. IDK how comfortable those guys are in the defensive zone on their offwing.

One option though would be:

Tkachuk-Bennett-Neal
Gaudreau-Backlund-Monahan
Jankowski-Lindholm-Czarnik
Frolik-Ryan-Brouwer

The only thing I am dead set on is having our two best natural centres - Backlund and Bennett - play center.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I’d prefer Tkachuk in front.
The handedness is key to emulate the reverse of Washington's model. Lindholm seems to be good in front of the net on the PP based on his highlight pack ,and in this setup he dips to the side of the net to go tic tac toe to Monny or Neal.

Only thing wrong is Johnny not being a RHS in Backstrom's spot.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
The handedness is key to emulate the reverse of Washington's model. Lindholm seems to be good in front of the net on the PP based on his highlight pack ,and in this setup he dips to the side of the net to go tic tac toe to Monny or Neal.

That’s fair. I think popping down below the goal has always been one of Tkachuks strengths on the PP, as he’s creative enough to get the passing lanes to open up.

Both would work well I think. I’m just a fan of loading up the first unit with our most skilled players.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Washington's model is built around Ovechkin in Gaudreau's spot. Would rather see him down low behind or beside the net where his hands and quick feet could work to open things up. Tkachuk I would have on the other side of the net or right in front. Neal, Monahan and Giordano are good where they're at.

19 13
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Is what I would like to see, with Tkachuk and Gaudreau doing most of the setting up and cycling behind the net. Have your best playmaker closest to your best shooters.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Washington's model is built around Ovechkin in Gaudreau's spot. Would rather see him down low behind or beside the net where his hands and quick feet could work to open things up. Tkachuk I would have on the other side of the net or right in front. Neal, Monahan and Giordano are good where they're at.

19 13
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Is what I would like to see, with Tkachuk and Gaudreau doing most of the setting up and cycling behind the net.
I said the reverse of Washington's model. To be more explicit, Gaudreau is Backstrom, Neal is Ovy, Lindholm is Kuznetsov, Giordano is Carlson and Monahan is Oshie.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Gaudreau-Monahan-Tkachuk
Bennett-Lindholm-Neal
Frolik-Backlund-Ryan
Mangiapane-Janko-Czarnik

just for shits and giggles.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm not dead set on separating Monahan and Gaudreau. I'd love to see a Gaudreau-Jankowski-Monahan line but then we'd have to try a guy like Czarnik or Lindholm on the left side with Backlund. IDK how comfortable those guys are in the defensive zone on their offwing.

One option though would be:

Tkachuk-Bennett-Neal
Gaudreau-Backlund-Monahan
Jankowski-Lindholm-Czarnik
Frolik-Ryan-Brouwer

The only thing I am dead set on is having our two best natural centres - Backlund and Bennett - play center.

You mean the best natural centres after Monahan because neither side f those guys are close to best by better centres than him.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I said the reverse of Washington's model. To be more explicit, Gaudreau is Backstrom, Neal is Ovy, Lindholm is Kuznetsov, Giordano is Carlson and Monahan is Oshie.

Ahh yes I missed that, that makes more sense. Would still rather see them try to get it down low to Gaudreau and Tkachuk. Let your playmakers make plays. Watched a lot of whatever that broken umbrella abortion was last year and wasn't super impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad