Line Combos: 2018/19 Line Combinations

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
100% correct.

Biega wasn’t a Benning pick/signing and so he’s automatically loved by the Chicken Little’s. Guys like Biega and Archibald are being held down you see, because there is a political play behind the scenes. Lack of talent? Not good enough? Fuhgettaboutit! I suspect Weisbrod is the mastermind behind the conspiracy.
I think the perfume from your jockstrap collection has put you in lala land.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
I'm thinking Goldy will be the healthy scratch - he needs to show something one of these 2 games...

Leipsic - Horvat - Boeser
Baertschi - Pettersson - Eriksson
Gagner - Sutter - Virtanen
Schaller - Beagle - Granlund

Goldy to get his opportunity if things fail in the top 6... probably at the expense of Leipsic.
Not just Goldy..the whole dam rest of them needs to put on there big boy pants and get to work...I thought Jim brought in a bunch of work horses and leaders....hmmmm

Reactions: JuniorNelson

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Not just Goldy..the whole dam rest of them needs to put on there big boy pants and get to work...I thought Jim brought in a bunch of work horses and leaders....hmmmm
I mean to be fair, Roussel has been injured and Beagle has looked pretty good, exactly as advertised. Schaller has been a disappointment, but he's a pretty easy scratch tbh

Leipsic - Horvat - Boeser
Baertschi - Pettersson - Eriksson
Gagner - Sutter - Virtanen
Motte - Beagle - Granlund
Schaller
Roussel IR

Hutton - Tanev
Edler - Stecher
MDZ - Gudbranson
Pouliot/Biega

Markstrom
Nilsson

Not exciting by any means, but I think they end up either moving Goldobin or waiving him. He cannot play in the bottom 6 and hasn't shown enough to play in the top 6. Maybe they scratch him and send down Motte, but I think Motte has played his way onto this team as he can crash and bang on line 4, kill penalties, and move up the lineup if need be.

I personally think they should waive Biega when Roussel is healthy, he'll pass through waivers most likely (maybe a team that wants a 7/8 defender will grab him). I like Biega, he's literally my avatar, but he's still replacement level unfortunately. I'd turf any one of our bottom pairing guys or Pouliot instead of him, he provides good D at a good price.

EDIT: Forgot Motte was waiver exempt. He definitely starts the season in Utica. Pretty early call up I'd imagine

forty47seven

May 2, 2009
Edler Stetcher
Del Zotto Tanev
Hutton Gudbranson
Pouliot Beiga

Things are going to get ugly fast if Edler and/or Tanev miss significant time. Organizational depth on defense is nonexistent.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Everybody saw Edler try for a month off blocking a shot with his hand? The rascal! I'll be bitter if Tanev tries it! Although...It would explain a lot.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Baertchi Horvat Boeser
Goldy Pettersson Eriksson
Lipesic Sutter Gagner
Granlund Beagle Virtanen
Motte

Edler Stecher
Hutton Tanev
Del Zotto Gudbranson
Pouliot

Markstrom
Nielson

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Eggs in One Basket:

Pettersson-Horvat-Boeser
Baertschi-Sutter-Goldobin
Eriksson-Beagle-Virtanen
Leipsic-Gagner-Motte

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher
Del Zotto-Gudbranson

Markstrom
Nilsson

Not an ideal set up, but perhaps it’s better to have atleast one line that can potentially consistently produce rather than having extremely limited production from all lines.

Last edited:

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008
With Gagner and Archie waived.

Anyone out there think that Eriksson was actually a decent fit with Goldy and Pettersson in the last game?

Baertchi - Horvat - Boeser - Baertchi and Horvat showed a few times the chemistry they have this preseason. No need to split them up. Boeser can use the time and space Horvat creates once he gets his shit together.

Goldy - Pettersson - Eriksson - Now I know we all hate Eriksson like he's the grim reaper coming for your child but I thought he fit well with Goldy and Pettersson. If you put a guy like Leipsic on this line it's too much of the same thing. Having a bigger guy like Eriksson on the line who can win board battles, play solid D and get to the net creates more space for Goldy and Pettersson to do their things offensively

Rousell - Sutter - Virtanen - We haven't seen Rousell yet but I think he'll staple himself in the lineup as a good 3rd line player. Leispic doesn't fit on the 3rd line with Sutter and Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - Shaller - Motte won a spot on the team with his steller preseason play. I can see him working his way up the lineup if he keeps it up

Leipsic - He'll sub in for Goldy when Goldy disappears for a few games

Overall pretty bad. Scoring will be hard to come by unless Pettersson drags his line around and puts up 60+pts this year. No scoring depth or scoring from the D

Defense

Who cares...It's terrible no matter how you have it.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Baertchi Horvat Boeser
Goldobin Pettersson Lipesic
Eriksson Sutter Virtanen
Schaller Beagle Motte
Granlund

Edler Stecher
Hutton Tanev
Del Zotto Gudbranson
Pouliot

Markstrom
Nielson

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I think Motte will be the 13th to start... no?
Sit on that one game he has remaining prior to having to hit waivers?

Maybe he doesn't see NHL ice at all if the team starts out well, and Roussell gets activated..

I don't expect that to be the case tho... but it's a possibility. Scenario requires the team to start out well...

Goldobin - Pettersson - Boeser
Leipsic - Horvat - Eriksson
Baertschi - Sutter - Virtanen
Schaller - Beagle - Granlund
Motte

Edler Stecher
Hutton Tanev
Del Zotto Gudbranson
Pouliot

Markstrom
Nielson

Last edited:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Is it just me or does anyone think our roster feels better without Gagner on it? Addition by subtraction.
It leaves us with only Granlund as a top 6 center fill in case of injury or ineffectiveness... but yes... overall it feels better.

Second unit PP takes a hit... but they will persevere...

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Baertchi - Horvat - Boeser - Baertchi and Horvat showed a few times the chemistry they have this preseason. No need to split them up. Boeser can use the time and space Horvat creates once he gets his **** together.

Goldy - Pettersson - Eriksson - Now I know we all hate Eriksson like he's the grim reaper coming for your child but I thought he fit well with Goldy and Pettersson. If you put a guy like Leipsic on this line it's too much of the same thing. Having a bigger guy like Eriksson on the line who can win board battles, play solid D and get to the net creates more space for Goldy and Pettersson to do their things offensively

Rousell - Sutter - Virtanen - We haven't seen Rousell yet but I think he'll staple himself in the lineup as a good 3rd line player. Leispic doesn't fit on the 3rd line with Sutter and Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - Shaller - Motte won a spot on the team with his steller preseason play. I can see him working his way up the lineup if he keeps it up

Leipsic - He'll sub in for Goldy when Goldy disappears for a few games

Overall pretty bad. Scoring will be hard to come by unless Pettersson drags his line around and puts up 60+pts this year. No scoring depth or scoring from the D

Defense

Who cares...It's terrible no matter how you have it.
Completely agree with this although I would bounce Virtanen on to Pettersson's line if Eriksson isn't bringing it, he could provide some turnovers and back off defenses.
Could see Motte and Granlund spotted on the 3rd and 4th LW until Roussel is healthy. Really rooting for Goldobin...if he can get 40plus pts and keep gelling with Pettersson that could be a huge win for the prospect pool.

Wildcarder

Oct 21, 2008
Toronto
It leaves us with only Granlund as a top 6 center fill in case of injury or ineffectiveness... but yes... overall it feels better.

Second unit PP takes a hit... but they will persevere...

Gagner hasn't shown that he is an adequate top 6 centre when given the opportunity. I'd much rather give that opportunity to Gaudette this season in the case of injury, or bring Gaudette in as the 3rd line C and move Granlund up if injury dictates we need to. PP2 does take a hit but our bottom 6 EV feels much more balanced and useful.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
PP units now:

Goldobin Horat Pettersson
Boeser Stecher

Baertchi Granlund Lipesic
Edler Hutton

That second unit is OUCH

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Question for you guys:

IF the Canucks feel that Leipsic is ready for Top 6 duty, and is more than a 13th forward, would it:

1) Make sense for the Canucks to move one of Baertschi and/or Eriksson?
2) Would one of Baertschi or Eriksson be capable of landing us a #4 defenseman, who although not very good, would be an upgrade over Gudbranson, Stecher, Pouliot, Del Zotto, and Hutton.

Leipsic-Horvat-Boeser
Goldobin-Pettersson-Eriksson (or Leipsic-Pettersson-Goldobin if LE is the one moved)
Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Motte

Granlund

Hutton-Tanev
Edler-[new guy]
Del Zotto-Gudbranson

Stecher

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Question for you guys:

IF the Canucks feel that Leipsic is ready for Top 6 duty, and is more than a 13th forward, would it:

1) Make sense for the Canucks to move one of Baertschi and/or Eriksson?
2) Would one of Baertschi or Eriksson be capable of landing us a #4 defenseman, who although not very good, would be an upgrade over Gudbranson, Stecher, Pouliot, Del Zotto, and Hutton.

Leipsic-Horvat-Boeser
Goldobin-Pettersson-Eriksson (or Leipsic-Pettersson-Goldobin if LE is the one moved)
Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Motte

Granlund

Hutton-Tanev
Edler-[new guy]
Del Zotto-Gudbranson

Stecher
Your question is falty to begin with. Hard to answer it

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
PP units now:

Goldobin Horat Pettersson
Boeser Stecher

Baertchi Granlund Lipesic
Edler Hutton

That second unit is OUCH
My guess is that they will use Sutter (ugh) or Baertschi in the slot on the 1st PP with probably Edler at the point. And Goldbin will be running the 2nd unit with who knows but I bet Eriksson will be out there as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad