Prospect Info: [2018 - 123rd] Jack Gorniak (NCAA - University of Wisconsin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he's playing his best hockey in the NCAA by far. He's now up to 4 pts in 6 games, he had 7 all last year in 28 as i'm pretty sure he was a healthy scratch at times and even when not he had trouble getting TOI and was mainly a 4th liner.

he's a late B-day, if he was born a day sooner he would have been drafted with Poehling's class. So if he wants a contract after his Senior year next season (he's a Junior this year), he will need to step it up and so far he has.

Got to love the speed and hard work he puts in, great forechecker and good on the PK.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
He's a hundred time more noticeable that's for sure. He doesn't have much puck skill going for him but he does work super hard out there and he's quick.
He could eventually be a decent 4th liner/penalty killer type player. Good motor

Reactions: Hacketts

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
You definitely notice him from time to time on the ice, which is good to see. He's got some speed, decent size, solid forechecker, and has shown some decent puck skills this year. IF* he continues to put the work in, and improve he might just make something of himself.

I wonder if scouts are good investors.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You definitely notice him from time to time on the ice, which is good to see. He's got some speed, decent size, solid forechecker, and has shown some decent puck skills this year. IF* he continues to put the work in, and improve he might just make something of himself.

I wonder if scouts are good investors.

Throw back.. he reminds me of Greg Stewart.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I think he could be a good linemate for the Caufield brothers. He's one of Wisconsin's most physical guy and he can create space for them, compared to Weissbach who is skilled but not much of a grinder.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Hopefully he has a Jake Evans type progression.

Evans was already an impact NCAA player in his 2nd year (2nd on his team in points) while this is Gorniak's third year (and his 2nd year was disastrous). It's not over for him, but as we say in French, "il a des croûtes à manger".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad