Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v6.0) SEASON FINALE @ NYY|Sun, Oct 1| 3pmET/12pmPT | Anderson vs Montgomery

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I am so sick of the Goins love that I am actually looking forward to the day that he is DFA'd (which should have been a while ago)

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
I am so sick of the Goins love that I am actually looking forward to the day that he is DFA'd (which should have been a while ago)

If upton didnt suck so bad he would have been gone before the season started. If this team also wasnt so fragile they wouldnt need as many middle infielders as they have.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Morales has failed so many times in this situation. His numbers aren't horrible, but he's nowhere near as effective as EE was at times like these. But whatever; they weren't going to win this year with EE, anyway. I'm just surprised of the talk I'm hearing of the Jays keeping Urena down to start next year. If he's producing at this level, then keep him up. Seems like the right thing to do to me.

Edit: and KM strikes out. There's a shock. Why wouldn't Gibby try Hernandez for a few games in cleanup, just to see if he rises to the challenge? Where's the harm? Too bad they couldn't just demote Gibby to be the pitcher's coach, as I think he's good with the pitchers, but his batting lineups baffle me too many times for me to be happy if he stays as manager. Don't get me wrong, I think he's an okay manager, but certainly not an upper echelon manager. The team should try to find or sign one of the latter types.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Yeah, better keep Urena down next season. :shakehead

I hope that TSN 'insider' for the Blue Jays is wrong. We need more Urena's and Hernandez's (not just their hitting, but their SPEED), and less Bautista's and Morales'.

Keep Maile as the catcher for the season please. At least a single is not an easily made double because Montero can't throw out ****; I doubt he could throw out Morales trying to steal 2nd; he's awful.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Yeah, better keep Urena down next season. :shakehead

I hope that TSN 'insider' for the Blue Jays is wrong. We need more Urena's and Hernandez's (not just their hitting, but their SPEED), and less Bautista's and Morales'.

Keep Maile as the catcher for the season please. At least a single is not an easily made double because our other catcher (who's name eludes me right now) can't throw out ****; I doubt he could throw out Morales trying to steal 2nd.

Urena has to stay down. Otherwise he might threaten Goins' starting gig.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nice Urena.
If he keeps playing like this, and has a strong spring, why shouldnt he be on the team?
I get he had a disappointing year in double A, but if he keeps playing at a high level, he should make the team next season.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Sweet ending.

Maile looks pretty good since coming back from injury. I wouldn;t mind if they bring him back as a backup. The younger players in AA AAA can get a bit more experience and then called up when Martin goes down.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Nice Urena.
If he keeps playing like this, and has a strong spring, why shouldnt he be on the team?
I get he had a disappointing year in double A, but if he keeps playing at a high level, he should make the team next season.

I agree. And some guys just do better when they're challenged. I've been looking up stats of a lot of players lately, and it's surprising how many didn't hit that well in A ball (any level, sometimes) yet soon as they got a chance in the bigs they stuck, and were key cogs to their team. Happens a lot with pitchers, too. If Urena can keep up this pace to any degree for the rest of the season, and has a strong spring, you have to keep him on the team, IMO. He's shaping up to be a great lead-off man, and we desperately need his speed.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
What a great moment for Urena. I hope he can keep it up and be a legitimate option next year.

I still don't understand how his numbers were so bad in New Hampshire. He looks great. Good approach, nice swing... it's really, really early, but it's been a really nice development.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
While Urena is doing well there is potential for him to decline. His walk rate is higher than it has ever been. His strikeout rate is quite high too. I still think he would benefit from at least starting the year in the minors next season. I like what I see from him though. He is only 21 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad