Josh Morrissey-Calvin de Haan
Jason Demers-Mike Matheson

P.S Bonus

Alternate roster

3qDCpO4JDTs.jpg

Last edited:

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I think if we were reminded of anything this year its that we should be grateful for the guys who go, and don't expect all of our guys to want to go.

You'll have injuries, weddings, babies, disinterest, etc.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
A chance at the quadruple gold club, will probably pique a lot of interest. I think a lot of talented guys will be looking to sign up for that chance.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
A chance at the quadruple gold club, will probably pique a lot of interest. I think a lot of talented guys will be looking to sign up for that chance.

Is that a dream club?

Because the exhibition cash grab is not an international tournament.

It's a exhibition for the people wearing suits in Toronto.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Is that a dream club?

The "triple gold club" is also a "dream club". I hate the World Cup more though.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Paris might be a big draw for the families of players; instead of wanting them home after the NHL season is done, they might be happy for a family trip to Europe.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Is that a dream club?

It is the closest thing we will be getting to a best on best tournament for a long time so it might as well count.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
preview version team Canada roster in WC 2017
:)
Devan Dubnyk,Steve Mason

Steven Stamkos-John Tavares-Jordan Eberle
Jeff Skinner-Connor McDavid-Sean Monahan
Jonathan Huberdeau-Adam Henrique-Nathan MacKinnon
Wayne Simmonds-Brayden Schenn-Sean Couturier

Mark Giordano-Alex Pietrangelo
Dougie Hamilton-PK Subban
T J Brodie-Morgan Rielly
Tyson Barrie

I admire your enthusiasm, but there's really no way to predict player availability until after Christmas when we get a clearer picture of team standings, who looks to be playoff bound and who's not...

I think you got one thing correct though, and that's most of the players you picked have certainly not been overtaxed in international competition over the past several years. I bet a lot of the players who have participated in multiple tournaments since the 2014 Sochi games, up to and including the World Cup, will not be included for the WHC in Paris/Cologne. So, i.e. Morgan Rielly, WHC 2016 + World Cup (U24 team) followed by an NHL season, perhaps even if available will have earned a full summer off to rest, recover and train. just a thought.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
I admire your enthusiasm, but there's really no way to predict player availability until after Christmas when we get a clearer picture of team standings, who looks to be playoff bound and who's not...

I think you got one thing correct though, and that's most of the players you picked have certainly not been overtaxed in international competition over the past several years. I bet a lot of the players who have participated in multiple tournaments since the 2014 Sochi games, up to and including the World Cup, will not be included for the WHC in Paris/Cologne. So, i.e. Morgan Rielly, WHC 2016 + World Cup (U24 team) followed by an NHL season, perhaps even if available will have earned a full summer off to rest, recover and train. just a thought.
I agree with you!
But Ryan Smyth was all tournaments in one year

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
preview version team Canada roster in WC 2017
:)
Devan Dubnyk,Steve Mason

Steven Stamkos-John Tavares-Jordan Eberle
Jeff Skinner-Connor McDavid-Sean Monahan
Jonathan Huberdeau-Adam Henrique-Nathan MacKinnon
Wayne Simmonds-Brayden Schenn-Sean Couturier

Mark Giordano-Alex Pietrangelo
Dougie Hamilton-PK Subban
T J Brodie-Morgan Rielly
Tyson Barrie

This is really unnecessary thread at this time of the year and pretty weird looking roster, tbh. But I admire your enthusiasm.

I don't understand the Flyers line that you created (Simmonds-Schenn-Couturier), what is that? You will likely never see them play together like that on the Flyers, let alone on Team Canada. Why would you move Couturier to RW? That's wrong. Couturier >> Schenn - on center. Schenn is better as winger. Simmonds prefers to play RW.

Stamkos at LW at the WHC? Monahan at RW?

You are probably so much optimistic due to the fact that Canada will play in Paris, but dunno, World Cup + NHL season + possibly 1 round of play-offs. I can't see players who attended World Cup to play here (Tavares, Stamkos, McDavid, Monahan and possibly Pietrangelo/Subban). Giordano/Brodie refused to go this time so I can't see them joining the team for next year (and I think Calgary will be better team), but maybe 'the Paris effect' will show the opposite, I don't know, we'll see what happens. It's all way too premature.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I bet ya Hall would decline an invite this time around.

I hope he doesn't, but understandable if he does. He's answered the call 3 out of the last 4 years to go along with something of a dis for a World Cup team...understandable if he puts Hockey Canada's phone number on ignore this spring and doesn't respond to whatever message they leave for him.

but, welcome to life as a Canadian hockey player. There have been better players excluded from Team Canada A-Teams in the past at a young age. So, don't get all high and mighty, Taylor.

If he wants a full summer off to recover and train, then he's earned that right. God Bless. Thanks for the 2 gold medals.

I'm almost ready to give a resurgent Jeff Skinner another shot at LW. Even though he's not one of my favorites, he's pretty much in the Strome family and Corey Perry group of players...

but he seems to be over his injuries and is playing some decent hockey...so, Skinner is an option and a decent replacement for the WHC should Taylor decline.

I'm currently working on my WHC roster for Paris, it includes both Hall and Skinner.

Last edited:

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
I hope he doesn't, but understandable if he does. He's answered the call 3 out of the last 4 years to go along with something of a dis for a World Cup team...understandable if he puts Hockey Canada's phone number on ignore this spring and doesn't respond to whatever message they leave for him.

but, welcome to life as a Canadian hockey player. There have been better players excluded from Team Canada A-Teams in the past at a young age. So, don't get all high and mighty, Taylor.

If he wants a full summer off to recover and train, then he's earned that right. God Bless. Thanks for the 2 gold medals.

I'm almost ready to give a resurgent Jeff Skinner another shot at LW. Even though he's not one of my favorites, he's pretty much in the Strome family and Corey Perry group of players...

but he seems to be over his injuries and is playing some decent hockey...
Spezza always accept invation for example)
Many canadian players big patiots homeland)
Canada will be proud this boys.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
At this point, you can count with Colorado and Arizona players. :laugh:

please, no Arizona players. unless Max Domi comes back from injury and has an exceptional 2nd. half. otherwise I'm hoping for better players.

Duchene, Mackinnon and Barrie. sure, I'd welcome them if they were interested. Tampa is currently out, so maybe a Drouin-Duchene-Mackinnon 3rd line would be interesting.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
please, no Arizona players. unless Max Domi comes back from injury and has an exceptional 2nd. half. otherwise I'm hoping for better players.

Duchene, Mackinnon and Barrie. sure, I'd welcome them if they were interested. Tampa is currently out, so maybe a Drouin-Duchene-Mackinnon 3rd line would be interesting.

+ players eliminate first round)

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia

I think Stamkos accept invite (if
he will be healthy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad